Preparing for the Premier League

Altamullan

Guest neesy111

Re: Burnley, who was the last team to survive in the top flight without winning an away game?

EDIT: Coventry, in 99-00, before that Leeds in 92-93.

Not relevant but Sevilla went the entirety of last season without winning away in the league and finished 7th, and still managed to win the Europa League.

They did indeed, forgot about that.

We finished 5th after winning only 2 or 3 times in 03/04.  Didn't lose many either, just stupid amount of draws.

1 win in 11 for Burnley, 0 shots on target today and yet they're still 5 points and loads of goals clear of the relegation zone with 4 games left. Might have already done enough to stay up.

Still think people massively overestimate the state of two thirds of the Premier League at present.

:thup:

The disparity between 1-7 and 8-20 is impressive. 13-point gap between 7th and 8th and not one team 8th or below has a +GD.

I fully expect us to make Burnley look like world-beaters next season mind :lol:

Keep: Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle, Clark, Lascelles, Krul, Mbemba, Perez, Mitro, Yedlin, Dummett, Hayden, Aarons, Anita.

Discard: Crumpy Gunt and anyone not named.

Mitro's shit finishing is quite endearing when it doesn't matter. Would also like to keep him as a backup option off the bench next season but wouldn't be bothered either way

Depends if you're talking about the team or the squad.

For me, with money spent as required, there's probably only four players I'd want starting in the PL: Gayle, Ritchie, Shelvey and Clark.

Players like Hayden and Yedlin will be valuable squad players. There's a lot of adequate squad players, and a lot of rubbish.

Keep: Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle, Clark, Lascelles, Krul, Mbemba, Perez, Mitro, Yedlin, Dummett, Hayden, Aarons.

Not sure I'd keep Krul like. Not followed his form much since on loan but thought he hadn't played much? You need three keepers so if Woodman is to come through, is Krul that much better than Elliott or Darlow? He wasnt the year he got injured. I'd argue Elliott was better after he came in.

Sels to go obviously.

I know that we need a lot of players, but personally I'd rather see us getting quality before quantity. Having said that we still need a few obviously.

Getting a couple of quality players on loan to add to what we buy would be a good idea Imo. (I want to say HBA but I won't, oh I just did..)

It's gonna cost us a fortune to get even near what we need, but most importantly we have to get the right players, and there are a few out there

that don't have to cost a bomb, we just have to get it right and find them. /Captain Obvious

Carrick is out of contract at Man Utd.  I know he's 35, but he'd give that much needed Prem experience in a position we certainly need filling

..I have no idea how good he is these days though, barely seen Man Utd for a year or more.  Would he even have the legs for another full season in the Prem?

edit: 36 this summer.. maybe not :lol: