Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Newcastle United - 2/1/2017 - post match bicker from pg.28

Greg

Guest singintheastand

This is a hard league to get out of, teams are fighting for there lives.

Brighton & Reading have the balls to come back from a losing position, we think we can walk it.

To me it's the wrong tactics, set up & a few bad eggs, all those signings, some not even used ???

What's the point of the squad??

It's about attitude and leadership, can't remember Brighton and the others making big signings.

It's almost like, Rafa or not, we're not as good as you thought and this division is trickier than you thought it was.

These are in the bottom 3 though like

When has football ever worked like this though? Wins and losses aren't regimented by league position. We're not in form, but there's a lot of short sighted stuff being spouted in here like.

I'm complaining about the game today. Can't see anyone wanting the manager sacked or anything as extreme.

We're so easy to play against now. Nobody can argue about that.

Well I would argue that we're not easy to play against at all, that's the point. You don't have to go to the extreme of calling for sackings for it to be short-sighted either.

Explain the "vision" to us short sighted reactionists then.

It's very simple, it's a marathon not a race and multiple trophy and promotion winning Rafa knows what he's doing. There's nothing wrong with having a bit of faith in someone who doesn't get it 100% correct 100% of the time, he'll get it right most of the time and most of the time is a vast improvement on what we've had.

I have absolute faith in Rafa but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call it when he gets it wrong. He knew it as well, he pulled Colback immediately after he handed them the game.

Questions have to be asked of the manager persisting with the same s**** side that lost to Wednesday especially that ginger Mackem s*** bag

Same s**** side that dominated this match for 85 minutes?

:lol: We couldn't create a single clear-cut chance against the third worse defence in the division, man.

Well that's a lie.

:lol: Aye, I can't even comprehend how much of a contrary agenda you need to have to be able to say we created nowt in that game like.

I didn't say that, though. There was nothing clear-cut. Half chances for Gayle and Clark admittedly.

Gayle's chance for when he was slipped through by Gouffran was clear-cut.

Questions have to be asked of the manager persisting with the same s**** side that lost to Wednesday especially that ginger Mackem s*** bag

:lol: We couldn't create a single clear-cut chance against the third worse defence in the division, man.

Well that's a lie.

:lol: Aye, I can't even comprehend how much of a contrary agenda you need to have to be able to say we created nowt in that game like.

I didn't say that, though. There was nothing clear-cut. Half chances for Gayle and Clark admittedly.

A free shot from 5 yards is only a half chance?

Well that's a lie.

I don't agree, but even if I did that would be one in 95 minutes against an utterly terrible team even by this league's standards.

We got unlucky with Diame's effort but other than that what good, fair clear chances did we have to score?

It was far from good enough and can only hope the players are seriously hurting right now they need to wake up and get themselves together again. They might miss their buddy Shelvey but if you're that reliant on one player you don't desvere success. I want a massive improvement against Brentford we need to win and win convincingly no narrow 1-2 or 0-1 win give me a good 0-2 win or more and than hammer Rotherham. Then my faith will start, that's start, to build again but if those last three games are anything to go by we're not a second place team even the forest game was a complete shit show until they got a man sent off.

Some serious over reaction to the defeat in here, we would of won that game 99 out of 100 , just one of them games, s*** happens.

If it was a one off I would agree but it's happened 7 times so far - where is the plan B unless we get an early goal we struggle like hell. We have lost 7 points on Brighton in little more than 6 weeks and they have a game in hand. It's not good enough and if anyone thinks different they need to give their head a shake.

I want to believe that this is just a slow start to what Rafa's overall plan is and that it takes time to build from the bottom up... it's fucking soul-destroying though when we aren't beating wank teams in the Championship. We ARE better than this, whether our players don't believe in themselves or they're just losing motivation though is something that needs addressing, we shouldn't have to 'buy' the league via the January transfer window with the squad we have. There's no way we should be using the excuse that Shelvey being banned is the cause of our problems currently, it's ridiculous.

I think it's exactly a sign of Rafa's long term plan. Right now we need a settled side, a team that will win 7-8 games out of 10. This is what we are doing, a lot of our players will not be here long term, a lot of them which Rafa has signed. He's got a squad who should get those 6, 7, or 8 wins out of 10 for this league. As we move on they will gradually be phased out, first teamers now will drop down to squad players and then away from the club. The problem is when we lose those 3 games or so out of 10 we are losing them all at once. We need to keep composed though in order for Rafa's plan to work, with our position in the top 2 narrowing and NUFC's habit of shooting ourselves in the foot that is where the concern comes in.

Well that's a lie.

I don't agree, but even if I did that would be one in 95 minutes against an utterly terrible team even by this league's standards.

Yep, with Ronaldo on this one. Take Diame's shot off the bar and Gayle's chance and we really didn't create much from open play.

Guest firetotheworks

It's almost like, Rafa or not, we're not as good as you thought and this division is trickier than you thought it was.

These are in the bottom 3 though like

When has football ever worked like this though? Wins and losses aren't regimented by league position. We're not in form, but there's a lot of short sighted stuff being spouted in here like.

I'm complaining about the game today. Can't see anyone wanting the manager sacked or anything as extreme.

We're so easy to play against now. Nobody can argue about that.

Well I would argue that we're not easy to play against at all, that's the point. You don't have to go to the extreme of calling for sackings for it to be short-sighted either.

Explain the "vision" to us short sighted reactionists then.

It's very simple, it's a marathon not a race and multiple trophy and promotion winning Rafa knows what he's doing.

Hasn't got a clue how to play without Shelvey.

That's pretty much a given for most managers when it's your best player and the only real alternative is probably your worst. Diame could play there, but Shelvey was always going to be a huge miss and we've always needed a signing or two for midfield in January.

Some serious over reaction to the defeat in here, we would of won that game 99 out of 100 , just one of them games, s*** happens.

It isn't  over reaction at all . These defeats are becoming too common. Obviously we're missing Jonjo but irrespective, to think Colback is the answer is pretty shabby imo. I can't stand Tom Cleverly but ffs get him in if it means Cockblock is further away from the pitch.

I never mentioned anything about Colback, let alone said hes the answer to anything, cos hes fucking shit.

Also, waiting until 84mins to replace Gouffran who was totally ineffective for Atsu who is quick and direct, good 1v1, is quite unbelievable.

Atsu should have been on the minute they put the already booked Lowe to right back when they brought Corry Evans on.

We got unlucky with Diame's effort but other than that what good, fair clear chances did we have to score?

It was far from good enough and can only hope the players are seriously hurting right now they need to wake up and get themselves together again. They might miss their buddy Shelvey but if you're that reliant on one player you don't desvere success. I want a massive improvement against Brentford we need to win and win convincingly no narrow 1-2 or 0-1 win give me a good 0-2 win or more and than hammer Rotherham. Then my faith will start, that's start, to build again but if those last three games are anything to go by we're not a second place team even the forest game was a complete shit show until they got a man sent off.

Agree. We dominate games no problem, but we lack cutting edge in too many areas. If we get an early goal we can pick teams off easily, if we don't we run out of ideas.

As bad as Colback's tackle to give away the free kick, you have to point fingers at the wall as well. There was a clear gap there, and before they were even moved back you could see where the ball was going. We might as well have just given them a free shot on goal.