Birmingham City v Newcastle United FA Cup 3rd Round 7/1/17 3pm (No TV)

Guest neesy111

Would winning this tie postpone our match with Brighton? Or we lose and Brighton win? Don't fancy playing them at the end of the month even with Shelvey back. Would rather go into that match on a good run of form, maybe with the African cup of nations done by then and a few helpful signings that have adapted to team.

Would winning this tie postpone our match with Brighton? Or we lose and Brighton win? Don't fancy playing them at the end of the month with Shelvey back. Would rather go into that match on a good run of form, maybe with the African cup of nations done by then and a few helpful signings that have adapted to team.

If either of us are in the 4th round, then the match will be postponed and played at a later date (so midweek you'd guess or a future FAC weekend with no fixtures arranged).

Would winning this tie postpone our match with Brighton? Or we lose and Brighton win? Don't fancy playing them at the end of the month with Shelvey back. Would rather go into that match on a good run of form, maybe with the African cup of nations done by then and a few helpful signings that have adapted to team.

If either of us are in the 4th round, then the match will be postponed and played at a later date (so midweek you'd guess or a future FAC weekend with no fixtures arranged).

Aah right. I'm sure I read it somewhere. Think Brighton will win against MK Dons so hope the match does get pushed back. A draw wouldn't be the worst result with that Brentford game in mind.

It will definitely be midweek. Brighton (a) is scheduled for 4th round weekend, Villa (h) for 5th round weekend, and Fulham (h) for 6th round.

This appears to be sold out.

Online ticket sale ended today, collection only now I think. Might be sold out though.

Edit - Scrap that, online ticket sale was still up but had to collect at SJP or down there, canny going to sell this out :thup:

would rather draw than win. really have to get shelvey back asap for the league.

Won't make any difference mate. The only league game he will miss is Brentford, regardless of what we do in the cup

he'd be back for brentford as he'd have missed 3 league games and 2 in the cup. the replay would be before brentford.

Guest neesy111

would rather draw than win. really have to get shelvey back asap for the league.

Won't make any difference mate. The only league game he will miss is Brentford, regardless of what we do in the cup

he'd be back for brentford as he'd have missed 3 league games and 2 in the cup. the replay would be before brentford.

The replay is after brentford.

The replay is after brentford.

cheers.

i was just clutching at straws.

I cannot think of any viable reason for throwing the FA Cup like.

We've had a patchy run of form, we'll get over it. Please don't lose on purpose :lol:

Same here. Rafa for me is our best bet of winning a cup, obviously it won't happen this year, but we are still good enough to have a cracking good run and still get promoted at the same time. I'm desperate to get through to the next round, for me the FA Cup still matters.

Tbf, I thought this as well as they were fannying on confirming what would happen to Brentford if a replay was necessary and there was a suspicion it might not be played that weekend at all. Seems to have been confirmed that if either team needs a replay the game will now revert to the Saturday.

My team.

Darlow. Or Elliot if ready. I'd love to give Selz another chance, but I'm changing the defence so need confidence in the man in goal.

Yedlin.

Lazaar. I haven't seen enough to have too much confidence, but if he's going to do it, now would be a nice time. Or Gamez

Mbemba. Take your chance mate.

Clark. Consistent performer, Mbemba can take confidence from him.

Hayden. Gotta be getting them tackles in and laying it off to:

Anita. Quick, precise passing. Will need to be on his game, but I think Rafa would trust him.

Ritchie. Any other options??

Peres. Ditto.

Gouffran. Or Sameobi. I'll trust rafa as to whether Sameobi is ready, if not I'd go with mr. steady and reliable (at this level).

Mitro. Or just sell him and buy Wilson before he's cup-tied.

Bench. Selz, Lascelles, Gayle, Sam or Gouff, Gam or Lazaar,

Could maybe play Sameobi on the right and switch Ritchie to the no10.

*edit-Looking at it, that could be overly aggressive, but it's the cup. There's really nothing to lose, other than the opportunity of a morale boosting away win.

Even if we beat them 6-0 with that, I'd be happy to revert to normal for the next game. Provided we have replaced Colback.

My team.

Darlow. Or Elliot if ready. I'd love to give Selz another chance, but I'm changing the defence so need confidence in the man in goal.

Yedlin.

Lazaar. I haven't seen enough to have too much confidence, but if he's going to do it, now would be a nice time. Or Gamez

Anita. Quick, precise passing. Will need to be on his game, but I think Rafa would trust him.

Peres. Ditto.

Gouffran. Or Sameobi. I'll trust rafa as to whether Sameobi is ready, if not I'd go with mr. steady and reliable (at this level).

*edit-Looking at it, that could be overly aggressive, but it's the cup. There's really nothing to lose, other than the opportunity of a morale boosting away win.

Even if we beat them 6-0 with that, I'd be happy to revert to normal for the next game. Provided we have replaced Colback.

Mbemba is at the ACON.

My team.

Yedlin.

Peres. Ditto.

Mbemba is at the ACON.

DOH

My whole team was built around giving the lad a chance and he fucks off and deserts us. Sell him.