Graham Taylor RIP

Seymour

Guest Howaythetoon

Sad news he always seemed to have a good word to say about us whenever they did that celeb footy thing at SJP and he seemed like a canny bloke as well. RIP

Not a good manager, but a decent enough bloke. RIP.

Didn't he get Watford finishing 2nd? Back in the day when Elton John was the equivalent of Roman Abramovich in bringing £££ into a club?

He failed with England like just about everyone else pretty much has.

Didn't he get Watford finishing 2nd? Back in the day when Elton John was the equivalent of Roman Abramovich in bringing £££ into a club?

got watford to second in Div1 and FA cup final in successive seasons from 4th division.  think he got Villa back in 1 season after relegation as well?  but  people are saying he was a shite manager.

got watford to second in Div1 and FA cup final in successive seasons from 4th division.  think he got Villa back in 1 season after relegation as well?  but  people are saying he was a shite manager.

Runners up with Watford in their first season promoted same with Villa.

He was a good club manager but his teams didn't have much style. Cut from the same cloth as Harry Bassett and Howard Wilkinson and probably a huge influence on the likes of Pardle and Martin O'Neill.

When England failed to qualify for USA 94 it felt like the abuse he got was unprecedented, I was probably at an age where I noticed it more. Either way it was nothing short of disgraceful. Cracking club manager, failed with England, we'll whuppy fucking do. No different to near enough everyone else who's managed England then.

RIP. Like someone else said, he maintained his dignity under unbelievable stress, pressure and abuse.

Anyone calling him a shit manager is absolutely clueless!

He came across as a very likeable bloke too and always said good stuff about us!

If you haven't seen it then watch 'The Impossible Job' on YouTube - superb!

R.I.P

GT quotes.

“In fact, it was on the Gallowgate that I learned never to under-estimate the knowledge of the average football fan.

When I was a young manager at Watford and we didn’t have a midweek game I used to go to Newcastle a lot if they were playing

I would park my car up at Kings Cross after training, catch the 2 o’clock to Newcastle and walk up to the stadium and pay to get in.

I used to love listening to the supporters talking about the players and it amazed me how knowledgeable they were.”

I will always have a soft spot for the club so I wish them all the best.

Anyone calling him a shit manager is absolutely clueless!

He came across as a very likeable bloke too and always said good stuff about us!

If you haven't seen it then watch 'The Impossible Job' on YouTube - superb!

R.I.P

He was probably the worst England manager in history to be fair, especially as the squad he inherited was such a good one.

Just remember him having the Living piss taken out of him as England manager, at the time it felt like the country hated him.

Feel sorry for him looking back, at the time like everyone else I thought he was useless simply down to the media campaign against him.

RIP.

GT quotes.

“In fact, it was on the Gallowgate that I learned never to under-estimate the knowledge of the average football fan.

When I was a young manager at Watford and we didn’t have a midweek game I used to go to Newcastle a lot if they were playing

I would park my car up at Kings Cross after training, catch the 2 o’clock to Newcastle and walk up to the stadium and pay to get in.

I used to love listening to the supporters talking about the players and it amazed me how knowledgeable they were.”

That's a hell of a quote that. Where is it form ?

RIP

GT quotes.

That's a hell of a quote that. Where is it form ?

RIP

chronicle website- theres more- just picked a couple out.