Oxford 3-0 Newcastle 28/1/17 - Match Thread

Big Geordie

Well, fat-ass Mike and his puppy dog Lee will be happy with the result.

How do you work that out? That result just shows how s*** we are when we have a few key players missing. If Rafa was trying to make a point that we need to spend, that performance couldn't have done it better.

Rafa:  I need to get a few over the line if we're going to hold our position in the league and make a cup run.

MA:  We don't care about cup runs.

LC: Yeah, we don't care about cups.

If we'd signed Sels on a free we'd have still grossly overpaid. What the f*** was Rafa thinking?

its a strange one. not sure which tapes rafa had been watching.

as soon as it was known we were signing him, there were plenty on here already calling Sels out for not being able to catch a ball.

Have no problem prioritising the league in a situation where we need to basically win every game, it's not like when you're mid-table in the PL and tossing it off, or even when you're at the bottom and getting howked every week anyway, where a bit of confidence from a win could be vital.

IMO managers though should be telling supporters that it's going to be a second string before people trek halfway down the country for it. It's not on really. At least if people have paid their money with their eyes open, they're not going to feel so aggrieved.

Agree with the first paragraph.

Disagree with the second, you know what you're signing up to when you follow NUFC. Particularly in a cup game.

Well I kind of agree, though I thought Benitez was above that. It was more a general point. Martin O'Neill used to let 3000 Villa fans trek to Eastern Europe to watch their under-12s.

The amount of goals we've conceded from corners this season and yet we still don't have anyone on the posts.

Yeah, I said it after the Fulham game and surprised we've still not got players on both of them

If we'd signed Sels on a free we'd have still grossly overpaid. What the f*** was Rafa thinking?

as soon as it was known we were signing him, there were plenty on here already calling Sels out for not being able to catch a ball.

Was there? Doubt many here watched the Belgian league regularly. It's a thing about not adapting and confidence being down surely. Wasn't he chosen the best goalkeeper in the Belgian league, surely can't have been this bad and yet won it.

pains me to say it but might as well scrap the cups. If no one wants to be in them then don't have them. It's not just us who threw a "team" together today and made wholesale changes. Most clubs in the top 2 divisions do it. Cups are just an inconvenience these days. Not my sentiments but that's obviously what they are to managers.

Was there? Doubt many here watched the Belgian league regularly. It's a thing about not adapting and confidence being down surely. Wasn't he chosen the best goalkeeper in the Belgian league, surely can't have been this bad and yet won it.

Adapting to fucking what? Are the footballs bigger in Belgium, like?

Adapting to f***ing what? Are the footballs bigger in Belgium, like?

Lofted crosses to the back post...