Oxford 3-0 Newcastle 28/1/17 - Match Thread

Big Geordie

Can't blame Mitro for us conceding 3.....

This, pathetic collapse.

:thup: he sounded shite like, and his demanding to take penalties is irritating, but this second half has sounded embarrassing all round. I don't even think it's the line-up either tbh (bar putting Shelvey in), we've looked capable of folding like this in the league plenty of times.

I'm not disgusted or embarrassed by this result, we clearly went in to the game looking to play a majority of reserve and fringe players -  Rafa's plan was to either fluke it or drop out of the competition in favour of the league.

Don't be dramatic, lads. Everything's fucking awesome.

:lol: :thup:

Saving this for May. Have it in a word document and everything.

How would us getting promoted change the fact we were dumped out the cup in even more miserable fashion than any of Pardew's attempts?

The league is obviously more important but Jesus, this is pretty fucking shocking, like. Easily the worst result of the season.

Goes without saying its mightily embarrassing, but it will all be forgotten if we win the league. The cup was never going to be a priority this season. I'll leave the meltdown until we drop to 3rd.

How would us getting promoted change the fact we were dumped out the cup in even more miserable fashion than any of Pardew's attempts?

The league is obviously more important but Jesus, this is pretty fucking shocking, like. Easily the worst result of the season.

Goes without saying its mightily embarrassing, but it will all be forgotten if we win the league. The cup was never going to be a priority this season. I'll leave the meltdown until we drop to 3rd.

If the league's such a big a priority why is January 28th and we still haven't signed anyone to consolidate a promotion push?

Guest neesy111

Can't blame Mitro for us conceding 3.....

This, pathetic collapse.

:thup: he sounded shite like, and his demanding to take penalties is irritating, but this second half has sounded embarrassing all round. I don't even think it's the line-up either tbh (bar putting Shelvey in), we've looked capable of folding like this in the league plenty of times.

This is where I will have a go at our coaching setup, what are they doing in terms of what we do when we go behind.  We've never looked like getting a point in these games when we concede first.

Rafa at fault? Are you lot for f***ing real? [emoji38] It's Oxford ffs, he gave Mitrovic the chance, and the bloke missed 3 clear cut chances and a penalty. [emoji38]

Are you for real have a look at that team man f*** of no hopers and s***

...and yet we would still be winning if the striker that's on wasn't useless in front of goal against f***ing Oxford. It's called squad rotation, man, that team should still be winning.

And who picked that one player by the way

i agree

we need to get through this season promoted then fucking decimate this squad

Guest neesy111

Those that are there suggesting that the scoreline is a fair reflection the 2nd half, totally outclassed by a League One team.

Aye, they sounded much the better team this half.

[emoji38] :thup:

:thup: Bang on

Don't be dramatic, lads. Everything's f***ing awesome.

The league is obviously more important but Jesus, this is pretty f***ing shocking, like. Easily the worst result of the season.

If the league's such a big a priority why is January 28th and we still haven't signed anyone to consolidate a promotion push?

Why haven't Brighton? Who are just 2 points better off and have just done the exact same as us today?