Oxford 3-0 Newcastle 28/1/17 - Match Thread

Big Geordie

Rafa at fault? Are you lot for f***ing real? [emoji38] It's Oxford ffs, he gave Mitrovic the chance, and the bloke missed 3 clear cut chances and a penalty. [emoji38]

Are you for real have a look at that team man f*** of no hopers and s***

It sounds like he had opportunities. Can't blame the manager or the team for him missing.

You can't pin everything on Mitrovic.  The whole team sounded awful 2nd half.

He is and always has been a scapegoat for a large majority of our support.

Not excusing the fact that he should have scored today, but he's certainly not the only person to blame.

Misses 3 big chances, demands the penalty and misses it and he's being scapegoated? He misses sitters literally all the time like, I couldn't care less if he's passionate or cares if he's not doing his job.

Poor today, poor against Blackburn - been fine or good in every other game he has started this season. Has one of the highest goal rates in the league too.

We simply can't afford to risk our best players because we will drop points if they're out. We're a couple players short, Rafa knows this. If we'd got them in we might have seen a stronger side but since they haven't arrived, he's not going to gamble promotion on getting to the 5th round. Some people here seem very relaxed about promotion and squad depth but the period without Shelvey was quite alarming (if unsurprising) and we are only one injury away from a return to that.

1a1a1a1a1a1a332.jpg

You want him sacked?

Don't think anone wants him sacked but he is not a god and is open to criticism when deserved and there have been a few times like today when it has been totally warranted.

That is true but imho we couldn't possible get a better manager thus making criticism counter productive to a certain extent.

From the sounds of it we missed a few chances and the score didn't fully reflect the game.

Some of the reactions such as the one I quoted to over the top for me.

Don't be dramatic, lads. Everything's f***ing awesome.

:lol: :thup:

Saving this for May. Have it in a word document and everything.

How would us getting promoted change the fact we were dumped out the cup in even more miserable fashion than any of Pardew's attempts?

The league is obviously more important but Jesus, this is pretty f***ing shocking, like. Easily the worst result of the season.

Goes without saying its mightily embarrassing, but it will all be forgotten if we win the league. The cup was never going to be a priority this season. I'll leave the meltdown until we drop to 3rd.

If the league's such a big a priority why is January 28th and we still haven't signed anyone to consolidate a promotion push?

Why haven't Brighton? Who are just 2 points better off and have just done the exact same as us today?

Did Brighton make a £32m profit in the last transfer window?

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa at fault? Are you lot for f***ing real? [emoji38] It's Oxford ffs, he gave Mitrovic the chance, and the bloke missed 3 clear cut chances and a penalty. [emoji38]

It sounds like he had opportunities. Can't blame the manager or the team for him missing.

Not excusing the fact that he should have scored today, but he's certainly not the only person to blame.

Misses 3 big chances, demands the penalty and misses it and he's being scapegoated? He misses sitters literally all the time like, I couldn't care less if he's passionate or cares if he's not doing his job.

Poor today, poor against Blackburn - been fine or good in every other game he has started this season. Has one of the highest goal rates in the league too.

Not sure what you mean. He's scored 3 times in 14 appearances.

7th highest goals per minute ratio in the league.

I also feel he needs 5 good chances to get 1 goal.

Well, fat-ass Mike and his puppy dog Lee will be happy with the result.

How do you work that out? That result just shows how shit we are when we have a few key players missing. If Rafa was trying to make a point that we need to spend, that performance couldn't have done it better.

1a1a1a1a1a1a332.jpg

You want him sacked?

Don't think anone wants him sacked but he is not a god and is open to criticism when deserved and there have been a few times like today when it has been totally warranted.

That is true but imho we couldn't possible get a better manager thus making criticism counter productive to a certain extent.

From the sounds of it we missed a few chances and the score didn't fully reflect the game.

Some of the reactions such as the one I quoted to over the top for me.

Agree that he is the best we can probably get for where the club is currently but the lack of a plan B is quite concerning and has been shown up a few times this season. It's also concerning the lack of 'signings' so far (though I stand to be corrected on Tuesday) as I think one or two long term injuries (i.e. Shelvey and Gayle) and we may be in serious trouble. I'm old school and the FA Cup is a thing I love and to see the team put out and the fact I have family who paid a lot of money to go there today does piss me off. The squad is either very weak or poor in certain areas once there are injuries and suspensions in force.

Absolutely right there mind. They should have been gagging at the chance to show their stuff. Instead you have to wonder why they are here and maybe they should be at a club like Oxford Utd instead.

whos this knackers on the radio

rafa should have played koshelney??

Eh? :lol:

need to re listen, Im sure he said that twice, and a load of other random mumblings.

edit- just re-listened, Koshelmey on the bench.