Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 20/2/17 @ 8pm (live on SkySports 1)

Sir Toon

Modern day football fans don't like petty banter, mocking other clubs etc. They turn their noses up at that sort of carry on. A lot of them don't even approve of singing. Shame because that was what set football apart from other sports all those years ago and now it's sterile as f***.

This is so true . It's a sad indictment that a darts match at the Metro Arena creates an atmosphere that SJP can no longer generate .

Modern day football fans don't like petty banter, mocking other clubs etc. They turn their noses up at that sort of carry on. A lot of them don't even approve of singing. Shame because that was what set football apart from other sports all those years ago and now it's sterile as f***.

The way I see it Villa went on like t***s when we went down bearing in mind we had no former rivalry. They took p*ss taking to a different, more obsessive level. I'm more than happy to remind them of that in any shape or form now.

I personally think they just have a chip on the shoulder anyways. Everyone seems to from Birmingham who I've ever met. Both sets of fans seem like small time w*****s.

I'm more than happy for this bitter little rivalry with them to continue and the fact that that fat c*** Bruce is there just adds to it. It'll make for a cracking atmosphere tomorrow night and the more games with a bit of an edge about them the better as far as I'm concerned. That's what football is all about for me.

Put it this way, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's match a lot more than I was the QPR match the other week.

In terms of fantasy teams you'd like to see Benitez but won't because he will forever be 4-2-3-1 I wouldn't mind seeing us line up 4-4-2 with

Darlow

Yedlin    Lascalles  Clark  Lazar (He can play left back right? horrible feeling i've got his position messed up completely)

Atsu      Shelvey    Diame  Gouffran

Ritchie    Gayle (hes fit and playing or is his kid going to intervene?)

Tell Ritchie to drift wide either side and overload flanks and atsu and gouffran to come in quite narrow to reinforce midfield. Obviously probably suicidally attacking but you know plays both atsu and ritchie at same time and puts our two most competent goal scorers up top. Would love to see this given a go while Hayden isn't available.

Not won a game on a Monday night for 11 games, failed to score in the last 9

All bar one away from home though, so not that surprising given our away form over the last few years until this season.

Villa have only won 1 of their 14 league games on Sky this season. 1 in 16 if you include their early FA Cup and League Cup exits although one of those was Spurs away

Guest neesy111

Villa have only won 1 of their 14 league games on Sky this season. 1 in 16 if you include their early FA Cup and League Cup exits although one of those was Spurs away

I'll be surprised if Villa have had 14 games on TV this season.

I'll be surprised if Villa have had 14 games on TV this season.

http://www.efl.com/checkatrade-trophy/tv-games/

All listed on there my man. The one tomorrow is their 16th, but that includes the aforementioned league cup defeat (to Luton). Tomorrow is our 12th by contrast although we do have a couple more scheduled after tomorrow. We've won 5 of our 11.

That's the hand selected televised league records of particular clubs so far this season, not including tomorrow's match or future televised matches, but Villa's record is shocking, one win.

Aston Villa P14 W1 D7 L6

Newcastle P11 W5 D2 L4

Leeds P10 W4 D1 L5

Brighton P9 W6 D1 L2

Nottm Forest P8 W4 D1 L3

QPR P8 W2 D2 L4

Sheff Wed P8 W5 D1 L2

Derby P7 W3 D1 L3

Wolves P7 W2 D2 L3

Norwich P6 W2 D2 L2

Huddersfield P5 W3 D0 L2

Reading P2 W1 D0 L1

Why has Villa been on TV more than us this season? :lol:

Been a bit strange as they have still been selected a lot recently even though a lot have been pretty much nothing games. I know Sky pick them 6 weeks or so in advance,but their recent game with Brentford was never going to be a meaningful game.

They've also been the 3pm international game a fair few times this season, more than our 3 anyway and their game with Derby is the overseas 3pm game this Saturday.