Newcastle United v Aston Villa - 20/2/17 @ 8pm (live on SkySports 1)

Sir Toon

Not lost to them at SJP since the Dyer/Bowyer game :pow:

This was the first game I went to :lol: :(

:lol: How old were you? Can imagine for a small child it would have been traumatic.

I'm 33 now but I don't remember which year it was? Could I have been around 20 maybe..I wasn't a child, but maybe a young fool :lol:

All of this talk about how few games Villa have won, Rafa talking about a CL type atmosphere, Gallowgate Flags making it the biggest display yet, the chance to get one over on Villa & go back top of the league just makes me think that it wouldn't be a typical NUFC result unless I'm leaving the stadium near 10pm after just witnessing a 2-0 loss.

All of this talk about how few games Villa have won, Rafa talking about a CL type atmosphere, Gallowgate Flags making it the biggest display yet, the chance to get one over on Villa & go back top of the league just makes me think that it wouldn't be a typical NUFC result unless I'm leaving the stadium near 10pm after just witnessing a 2-0 loss.

Aye it's got nailed on horrific performance written all over it.

Not won a game on a Monday night for 11 games, failed to score in the last 9

Worse than that, we've lost them all. :lol:

That's appalling  :lol:  Almost defies the law of averages.

To be fair they were all away apart from Sheff Wed on Boxing Day, so if you want to put a positive spin on it we've won 50% of our Monday night home games over the last 4 years....

:lol: How old were you? Can imagine for a small child it would have been traumatic.

I'm 33 now but I don't remember which year it was? Could I have been around 20 maybe..I wasn't a child, but maybe a young fool :lol:

:lol:

Old enough to be pragmatic about it.

Newcastle are absolute turd at home if they are'nt 2-0 up after ten minutes. There is this steadily increasing grumble of discontent and you think our misfits know the meaning of pressure?

Get at them early and the crowd will swing it.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16169-prematch-thread/?page=4

:lol: I love this stereotype of our support.

The first sentance of that post is one of the most ridiculous things I've read.

April 2005.

Newcastle are absolute turd at home if they are'nt 2-0 up after ten minutes. There is this steadily increasing grumble of discontent and you think our misfits know the meaning of pressure?

Get at them early and the crowd will swing it.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16169-prematch-thread/?page=4

:lol: I love this stereotype of our support.

The first sentance of that post is one of the most ridiculous things I've read.

There's a reasonable amount of evidence to back up what he's saying, tbf. We're pretty shite at home and have some really minging results to show that - and the crowd have been either quiet or quick to moan for the majority of the season. Derby was an exception and hopefully the efforts of GallowgateFlags will get them pumped tonight.

Really looking forward to this tbh. No idea what the score is gonna be. A win is massive; back to the top and nine points clear of 3rd ahead of what will probably be the pivotal section of the season.