Newcastle United 2 - 2 Bristol City - 25/02/17 - Post-match reaction from pg 23

Dave

watched a lot of Mitro and the number of time it was humped to him and he just backs in instead of jumping and challenging was unreal.he also has that annoying habit of dropping into the number 10 slot and gives no options for shelvey to hit.

we played better in the second half when we decided to bypass Mitro and get it wide, teams are hounding us at home but fading second half and it doesn't bode well for our next 3 games.

massive missed chance , those 2 points could have given us a bit more breathing space going into this massive week, we failed, but im happy in the end we got a point  O0

how the fuck did Mitro not get "that" free kick ?    my personal point of view as i was right behind it was that the ref was too far back to or a player blinded him, stick on foul as the twat barged him down. :undecided:

f*** knows how the ref only gave 4 minutes added time and their keeper didn't get a yellow card all game

Silly bastard wasn't even looking at the keeper, every time. Made his little noncey signals at his watch yet still only added the 4 on. Proper toucher.

f*** knows how the ref only gave 4 minutes added time and their keeper didn't get a yellow card all game

hate to agree with this poster but it was a disgrace, and yes half the fucking time the ref wasn't watching him do it.

however, i suspect if it was Darlow doing it we'd all want him to  :lol:

Not sure why it takes so long for the players to show some kind of reaction.. As soon as it was 1-0 to them the players should have started taking responsibility straight away and make sure we wake up and up our level. When at our best we're the best side in this division, but we're also very inconsistent and our low level is so so bad and it happens way too often. We're our strongest enemy ourselves. The reason Brighton are a bit more consistent is that when they are poor they aren't as bad as us. We're to complacent and so many of our players bottle it under any kind of pressure. Plus we have some players that simply aren't that good.

Not sure why it takes so long for the players to show some kind of reaction.. As soon as it was 1-0 to them the players should have started taking responsibility straight away and make sure we wake up and up our level. When at our best we're the best side in this division, but we're also very inconsistent and our low level is so so bad and it happens way too often. We're our strongest enemy ourselves. The reason Brighton are a bit more consistent is that when they are poor they aren't as bad as us. We're to complacent and so many of our players bottle it under any kind of pressure. Plus we have some players that simply aren't that good.

Agree with all of this. In our home defeats/game we've dropped points in this season - Wolves, QPR, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Bristol City - we've beaten ourselves just as much if not more than the other team has and it needs to stop.

hate to agree with this poster but it was a disgrace, and yes half the fucking time the ref wasn't watching him do it.

however, i suspect if it was Darlow doing it we'd all want him to  [emoji38]

Why would you hate to agree with joey? [emoji38]

hate to agree with this poster but it was a disgrace, and yes half the f***ing time the ref wasn't watching him do it.

however, i suspect if it was Darlow doing it we'd all want him to  [emoji38]

Why would you hate to agree with joey? [emoji38]

Probably had lunch with a Sunderland fan 5 years ago.

Only just got to see the goals. Good God, we give away the worst goals imaginable, all the time. Just in the past couple of weeks, the OG against QPR, Darlow's mis-kick against Norwich (not to mention Lascelles' f*** up) and yesterday's howler, Keystone cops defending and 6 points directly thrown away as a result. Actually all 6 goals conceded in those 3 games were absolute garbage. Teams just do not have to work hard to score against us at all. At this level, to do it on a regular basis is ridiculous.

At the end of the season when we're hopefully all heaving a big sigh of relief as we stagger over the line to promotion, i'd love to see a compendium of the goals conceded this year, almost every goal we've let in with a couple of exceptions, has been a scramble, a set piece f*** up or an own goal. I bet Rafa and the coaching staff can hardly f***ing believe the gifts we give away almost weekly.

Only just got to see the goals. Good God, we give away the worst goals imaginable, all the time. Just in the past couple of weeks, the OG against QPR, Darlow's mis-kick against Norwich (not to mention Lascelles' f*** up) and yesterday's howler, Keystone cops defending and 6 points directly thrown away as a result. Actually all 6 goals conceded in those 3 games were absolute garbage. Teams just do not have to work hard to score against us at all. At this level, to do it on a regular basis is ridiculous.

At the end of the season when we're hopefully all heaving a big sigh of relief as we stagger over the line to promotion, i'd love to see a compendium of the goals conceded this year, almost every goal we've let in with a couple of exceptions, has been a scramble, a set piece f*** up or an own goal. I bet Rafa and the coaching staff can hardly f***ing believe the gifts we give away almost weekly.

I don't know how Lascelles is getting a game at the minute, his defending is so bad that he's got the back 4 shitting themselves.  Even when he's got the ball at the back and has space to run into he's bottling it and standing looking for a pass.  He had loads of space in front of him against Bristol in the first half where he could have driven the team on but no, he stands like a statue and looks for somebody else so he can pass the buck. 

Mbemba has must have done something bad to upset Rafa and it needs sorting out because I think he'd work well next to Clark.  If he doesn't trust Mbemba then stick Dummett in the middle where he's more than capable of playing but drop Lascelles as the captaincy seems to have gone to his head.

I don't know how Lascelles is getting a game at the minute, his defending is so bad that he's got the back 4 shitting themselves.  Even when he's got the ball at the back and has space to run into he's bottling it and standing looking for a pass.  He had loads of space in front of him against Bristol in the first half where he could have driven the team on but no, he stands like a statue and looks for somebody else so he can pass the buck. 

Mbemba has must have done something bad to upset Rafa and it needs sorting out because I think he'd work well next to Clark.  If he doesn't trust Mbemba then stick Dummett in the middle where he's more than capable of playing but drop Lascelles as the captaincy seems to have gone to his head.

:thup:

Darlow hardly inspires confidence either, flying around his box and making some terrible decisions. We just constantly give away the most ridiculously s*** goals, needs to stop NOW. Gifting goals in the upcoming fixtures will lead to damaging defeats, the games will be hard enough, need to defend properly.

Mick's back.  :aww:

:thup: been a big miss on here.

The point on defending in general is a worry. Even with Rafa's emphasis on compact formations, there's not much you can do if defenders or goalkeepers just switch off.

Guest neesy111

The point on defending in general is a worry. Even with Rafa's emphasis on compact formations, there's not much you can do if defenders or goalkeepers just switch off.

Our goals conceded tally for me is more about our tactics than our defence as a unit.

Our goals conceded tally for me is more about our tactics than our defence as a unit.

I don't see what tactics can fix a keeper getting mixed up with his own defence or miskicking a ball to hand an open goal. The goals conceded look like individual howlers to me.

Guest neesy111

I don't see what tactics can fix a keeper getting mixed up with his own defence or miskicking a ball to hand an open goal. The goals conceded look like individual howlers to me.

I'm talking about our tally in total across the season.

Ah, Mick.

Where've you been.

Good to have you back. :thup: