Newcastle United 2 - 2 Bristol City - 25/02/17 - Post-match reaction from pg 23

Dave

With any luck it'll prove to be a good result for us in that, we might have our arses kicked and well into shape for Tuesday instead of going in thinking it's a fucking breeze again. 2 huge games now.

Had plenty of warnings. Doubt this will change anything.

TBF normally we pick up a good run of games after a shit performance. Hopefully this time it's the same. 6 points this week will virtually seal us promotion.

With any luck it'll prove to be a good result for us in that, we might have our arses kicked and well into shape for Tuesday instead of going in thinking it's a fucking breeze again. 2 huge games now.

TBF normally we pick up a good run of games after a shit performance. Hopefully this time it's the same. 6 points this week will virtually seal us promotion.

We've played poorly since December and have been scraping results.

Not a terrible point considering the start and Huddersfield failing to win.

It's slightly worrying how badly we struggle to so called lesser opponents.

Hopefully Gayle is fit soon and we get a few big results over the next few games.!

We've played poorly since December and have been scraping results.

Aye, but we've been getting results nonetheless.

There are players in this team that we still need rid of, our squad isn't as strong as people make out, but it's still looking likely we can go up as Champions.

is there any point in us getting promotion, as I have a nasty feeling we will be straight back down, if, we keep some of these clowns.

Depends if Rafa is backed...

he wont be here never mind backed- somebody of the pardew bracket will try and keep some investment signings up... IMO.

Guest neesy111

is there any point in us getting promotion, as I have a nasty feeling we will be straight back down, if, we keep some of these clowns.

If we don't spend what we need to, then probably not.  Our low goals conceded to mainly due to our tactical strategy not our defence.

Poor first half, corrected to an extent in the 2nd, we really need to putting away these chances in the 2nd half though. But as long as Hudderfield result stays at a draw (or they somehow lose) and Brighton draw or lose we'll be lucky.

Sounds not as bad as I feared.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he is having problems with the language / communicating and I think that's the issue.

Otherwise I cannot see what the problem would be as he is comfortably our best CB.

He's the best defender at the club. His communication seemed fine under McLaren so I don't know what's changed.

Guest neesy111

I'm sure I read somewhere that he is having problems with the language / communicating and I think that's the issue.

Otherwise I cannot see what the problem would be as he is comfortably our best CB.

He's the best defender at the club. His communication seemed fine under McLaren so I don't know what's changed.

He's nowhere near that.

It's more do to with his understanding of tactics. Sure the Chronicle posted an article saying he doesn't listen to instructions, hence the Wolves (H) game we lost. He was specially told not to play the ball out of defence through the middle and into the midfielders feet as they were being pressed and losing possession, yet he still carried on playing the same passes. We lost and he hasn't played since.

Rafa doesn't trust him to understand and execute his communicated instructions.