Newcastle United 2 - 2 Bristol City - 25/02/17 - Post-match reaction from pg 23

Dave

I'm sure I read somewhere that he is having problems with the language / communicating and I think that's the issue.

Otherwise I cannot see what the problem would be as he is comfortably our best CB.

He's the best defender at the club. His communication seemed fine under McLaren so I don't know what's changed.

He's nowhere near that.

Best defender at the club is Clark IMO.

Guest neesy111

I'm sure I read somewhere that he is having problems with the language / communicating and I think that's the issue.

Otherwise I cannot see what the problem would be as he is comfortably our best CB.

He's the best defender at the club. His communication seemed fine under McLaren so I don't know what's changed.

He's nowhere near that.

He's easily it.

He's nowhere near that.

He's easily it.

You's raise a good point, based on this season it is Clark. I think as an all round ball player Mbemba is better but as for no nonsense defending Clark is your man. Would be interesting to see them alongside one another at some point.

Guest neesy111

Was their first goal offside? Looked miles off. Atsu was excellent apart from overhitting his cross a few times.

Highlights say no.

Guest firetotheworks

Was their first goal offside? Looked miles off. Atsu was excellent apart from overhitting his cross a few times.

Highlights say no.

Which highlights? The Sky Sports highlights didn't show whether it was on or not. Looking at the highlights though, same shit. Defensive errors mixed with a missed sitter from Mitrovic and arguably Atsu.

Guest neesy111

Highlights say no.

Which highlights? The Sky Sports highlights didn't show whether it was on or not. Looking at the highlights though, same shit. Defensive errors mixed with a missed sitter from Mitrovic and arguably Atsu.

I looked at where the player was when the ball came in and he looked inline with Lascelles.

Edit: Yedlin

http://i.imgur.com/kUr9eaL.png

Can anyone at the match say how Atsu did? I read on twitter he had a very strong second half.

Was our man if the match in my opinion, because he was the only one at the races in the first half. Final ball not great and got worse as he tired but beat his man time and time again.

In general the game was a little scrappy but fair play to bristol city for having a go and not just shutting up shop like a lot of teams have, they had a go and left some gaps at the back in doing so.

Special mention to the ref for bottling the most clear foul/red card you'd ever see for that push on mitro with a completely clear view. Prick.