Huddersfield Town vs Newcastle United 4/3/17 17:30 GMT (Live on Sky)

Guest neesy111

I'd keep Gayle on the bench unless it becomes an absolute necessity to bring him on. He's our most important player and we need him fit for the final 2 months.

This is just one game :thup:

I'd keep Gayle on the bench unless it becomes an absolute necessity to bring him on. He's our most important player and we need him fit for the final 2 months.

Aye, definitely. Wouldn't give him more than 10-15 minutes either way.

Guest ElCid

They are a cocky lot aren't they 3 nil, 4 nil we're going to smash them, wagner better than Rafa  ;D ;D ;D dream on boys. Be a tough game either way and if we can match them for the first 20 minutes - which I would hope and expect - then I honestly think we will come away wih a positive result.

http://readnewcastle.com/2017/03/03/a-huddersfield-fans-view-ahead-of-newcastle-clash/

This is a decent read regarding Huddersfield, mainly this bit:

David Wagner has certainly been the face of all the changes at the club, we’ve even officially branded it the “Wagner Revolution”, but the truth is there’s lots more going on behind the scenes.

This has all come from a desire from our excellent Chairman, Dean Hoyle, for a “step change” in how we did things. We’ve introduced £180 season tickets to attract fans, and then replaced our chief executive with someone more in-line with this “fans-first” mindset. We’ve changed our training complex inside out, and hired a wealth of new health, fitness and analysis staff. Meanwhile, our Director of Football, Stuart Webber, has played a huge part; our new signings have almost all proved to be fantastic Championship players, but at bargain prices, meanwhile it was rumoured to be Webber who found David Wagner in the first place.

Contrary to popular belief, we were in contact with Wagner way before Liverpool started talking to his mate Klopp! However, saying that, none of this investment would’ve taken place if Wagner wasn’t such a great manager and such a huge success. Under previous “merry-go-round” managers, you always got the feeling that funds were there for investment, but that the chairman was not convinced there was a project worth piling our limited budget into.

On the subject of Gayle, I wonder how the stats compare between players coming back from a strain type injury by starting and by coming on as a substitute. The warm up and preparation can't possibly be the same, even if the intention is for it to be so.

Not long now, "The Terriers" seem to think they're are going to waltz this, of course they seem to forget the melt down they had earlier in the season and of course history usually repeats.

Still ours to lose, get 3 points here and we're just about there.

Guest ElCid

i'm expecting something similar to the brighton game if i'm honest, we'll start a similar if not identical team they'll come at us from the off and we'll concede

the question will be if we can get back in it again

Surely Rafa will have seen what has happened thelast 2 games and tell the team to be on the front foot from the off as you can't keep being in a losing position and expect to get it back due to starting slowly

Just read this on NUFC.com: -

game takes place less than 48 hours after a rugby league game was played on the pitch: Huddersfield Giants losing 8-48 to Hull in the Super League

They play rugby at Reading's stadium too so maybe our next two games won't be the best spectacles with bobbly pitches

Guest ElCid

We were shocking in the reverse fixture and were out-fought. If we set that right I'll be happy.

Second half we should have scored 3 or 4 and Ritcie's miss was terrible at 1 - 1.

I'm no where near as worried for this as I was on Tuesday ! Saying that it's probably only cus we won ... If we lost I'd be shiteing my self tonight ... Agree with everyone  on here regarding Gayle don't bring him on unless we really need too.... Looking forward to this one now probs because it's my first Saturday off since new year's Eve !!!! 0-2

Our confidence must be at it's its maximum after Tuesday.

We know what Huddersfield are going to do, attack. This makes Rafa's job clear cut. We will nullify their attack and hit them on the break.

As someone said above, we must start better and get a quicker strangle hold on the game. If we can get past 30 mins unscathed, I think we will be fine.

I can see us winning by the same scoreline as Tuesday, 1-2 to us.  Some of our players are really up for this and I expect players like Ritchie and Shlevey will push the others on. 

Hope fully we'll not gift them anything and we'll make them work for anything they get out of the game.

Some of our players???  I would hope they all are

This guy will be.

http://i.imgur.com/52Lg5dG.png

Of course he's got a tattoo on his finger.

I can see us winning by the same scoreline as Tuesday, 1-2 to us.  Some of our players are really up for this and I expect players like Ritchie and Shlevey will push the others on. 

Hope fully we'll not gift them anything and we'll make them work for anything they get out of the game.

Some of our players???  I would hope they all are

This guy will be.

http://i.imgur.com/52Lg5dG.png

Of course he's got a tattoo on his finger.

Looks like a kids Elastoplast with a picture on to me.