Newcastle United 1-3 Fulham - post match fume from pg23 - 11/03/17

Disco

Jesus. We need a new back 5 if we go up. We're an absolute shambles when we take risks and leave them a bit exposed.

Did we even take risks though? Going by the radio commentary, we just either lumped it long to Gayle or kept giving the ball to them. Going by this season's home form had me longing for SBR's team, where we used to smash teams at home, no matter who came.

A superb performance by Fulham, well done them. I hope they make it into the playoffs playing like that, much better than the dross of Reading.

One of our random days where we just don't turn up at all, not a single starting player was even 4/10 today. Woeful.

why do you want them to make the payoff? imagine having to play them? its quite possible anarl  :undecided:

Because based on what I've seen of them this season, they deserve to be in there.

We're not going to be in the playoffs, the usual absolute meltdown on here after one bad result. We've came through a tough set of fixtures and now have a relatively easy run-in.

One of our random days where we just don't turn up at all, not a single starting player was even 4/10 today. Woeful.

its as if the players took the clubs declaration of no ambition in January seriously.

its as if the players took the clubs declaration of no ambition in January seriously.

Ryder gave Jackie C a 5.

The way everyone cheered the missed pen like it was an equalising goal..  :lol: :embarrassed:

Was because they were being dicks and not letting the young 16 year old have a shot at a hat-trick. Then missed.

Just got back. Might sack off the season ticket. Not sure I can be arsed with the 470 mile round trip. We didn't even try to play today. Lumped long balls over top from the first minute and it never really looked like coming off.

The way everyone cheered the missed pen like it was an equalising goal..  :lol: :embarrassed:

Was because they were being dicks and not letting the young 16 year old have a shot at a hat-trick. Then missed.

You think? I honestly don't think the majority of fans even knew he was on a hat-trick never mind 16..

You think? I honestly don't think the majority of fans even knew he was on a hat-trick never mind 16..

Around me they certainly knew (East Stand).

Our tactic of pinging long balls to Gayle was lifting like. Ream was either easily heading them clear or Lascelles/Shelvey were just pinging them straight out of play.

They were playing such a high line at times we could've easily been threading through balls for Gayle to run onto, although not sure his hammy is 100% yet as he was definitely feeling it at some points throughout todays game. Hopefully the 90 minutes helped with the match fitness aspect ahead of Birmingham next week.

Everyone around us in the Gallowgate knew - thus the exaggerated celebrations.

Guest reefatoon

Took the bairn to her first ever match today. Fucking hell it was abysmal. My first time back in a while too and I wish I hadn't bothered. What an utter pile of fucking boring useless shit that was. From the first whistle we just sat back and let them dictate the play and we offered fuck all in response. We need to fuck this 1 upfront and number 10 nonsense at home right off as it is absolutely dire, especially when your number 10 is fucking dog shit. Our midfield is an absolute joke. Shelvey was a shocking as Colback was, and I was sick to death of seeing the bastard punting useless balls up top to absolutely no one. Overall I am so glad I don't have to go watch that utter wallop every other week. Boring as fuck football team that can only win by scraping victories. Dull as fuck and well pissed off. Utter shambles to be playing like that at home like. Bunch of absolute cunts the lot of them from the manager down.

Took the bairn to her first ever match today. Fucking hell it was abysmal. My first time back in a while too and I wish I hadn't bothered. What an utter pile of fucking boring useless shit that was. From the first whistle we just sat back and let them dictate the play and we offered fuck all in response. We need to fuck this 1 upfront and number 10 nonsense at home right off as it is absolutely dire, especially when your number 10 is fucking dog shit. Our midfield is an absolute joke. Shelvey was a shocking as Colback was, and I was sick to death of seeing the bastard punting useless balls up top to absolutely no one. Overall I am so glad I don't have to go watch that utter wallop every other week. Boring as fuck football team that can only win by scraping victories. Dull as fuck and well pissed off. Utter shambles to be playing like that at home like. Bunch of absolute cunts the lot of them from the manager down.

Did the bairn enjoy it?  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

That's the worst thing about it, she did and she wants to go back, the poor little mite. Fucking no chance I am going back like. Bored out of my skull.

That's the worst thing about it, she did and she wants to go back, the poor little mite. f***ing no chance I am going back like. Bored out of my skull.

It's probably no consolation, you've witnessed the worst game I can remember seeing this season.

That's the worst thing about it, she did and she wants to go back, the poor little mite. f***ing no chance I am going back like. Bored out of my skull.

It's probably no consolation, you've witnessed the worst game I can remember seeing this season.

Had your statement in my mind earlier about no complacency :lol: ... just shows you there is no science in football.

Also stand by my comment that Fulham are by far and away the best footballing team in the league. Didn't fancy us at all today.

Every time there is a poor performance at home it negates all the good work done in scrapping for away results...its all very well beating Brighton and then Huddersfield on their own grounds(and we  def looked second best against Huddersfield who were by far the better footballing side whether people like it or not)and then getting taken apart at SJP by Fulham. I have not been able to see the game so cannot really pass comment on individuals but the remarks others have made about Diame and our m/f(as well as defensive errors)align with what we have seen on several occasions this season.

The fans at SJP have seen several poor performances this season and some of these have not been what would be expected from a side expected to be promoted. By what I have read on here today, Fulham were by far the better side and basically pulled our defenders and m/f all over the place...if true this is not good enough. The fans want promotion of course and they are prepared to suffer pragmatic performances, even at SJP, if the results are there...performances AND results at SJP have too often NOT been there this season and there are too many players who should be looking at themselves about that. This team is not good enough to do even half-well in the PL and there will have to be a great deal of money spent if and when promotion is finally achieved.

Although I raised my promotion assessment to 9 after last week, I will be dropping that like a stone if this team fall into the play-offs....esp with teams like Fulham, Sheff Weds and Leeds likely to be among the candidates....

Very, very disappointing result and doesn't bode well for the run-in.

Every time there is a poor performance at home it negates all the good work done in scrapping for away results...its all very well beating Brighton and then Huddersfield on their own grounds(and we  def looked second best against Huddersfield who were by far the better footballing side whether people like it or not)and then getting taken apart at SJP by Fulham. I have not been able to see the game so cannot really pass comment on individuals but the remarks others have made about Diame and out m/f(as well as defensive errors)align with what we have seen on several occasions this season.

The fans at SJP have seen several poor performances this season and some of these have not been what would be expected from a side expected to be promoted. By what I have read on here today, Fulham were by far the better side and basically pulled our defenders and m/f all over the place...if true this is not good enough. The fans want promotion of course and they are prepared to suffer pragmatic performances, even at SJP, if the results are there...performances AND results at SJP have too often NOT been there this season and there are too many players who should be looking at themselves about that. This team is not good enough to do even half-well in the PL and there will have to be a great deal of money spent if and when promotion is finally achieved.

Although I raised my promotion assessment to 9 after last week, I will be dropping that like a stone if this team fall into the play-offs....esp with teams like Fulham, Sheff Weds and Leeds likely to be among the candidates....

or you could say all the good work at huddrsfield and brighton allows us to have 2 or 3 games like today without derailing  promotion.

Every time there is a poor performance at home it negates all the good work done in scrapping for away results...its all very well beating Brighton and then Huddersfield on their own grounds(and we  def looked second best against Huddersfield who were by far the better footballing side whether people like it or not)and then getting taken apart at SJP by Fulham. I have not been able to see the game so cannot really pass comment on individuals but the remarks others have made about Diame and out m/f(as well as defensive errors)align with what we have seen on several occasions this season.

or you could say all the good work at huddrsfield and brighton allows us to have 2 or 3 games like today without derailing  promotion.

Tell that to the majority of fans who watched yesterday's game...and the 5 others that have been home defeats this season..and remind me how Brighton and Huddersfield have done since we played them..? A long way to go yet, esp if you can't win home matches and we have more home than away for the rest of the season..