Newcastle United 1-3 Fulham - post match fume from pg23 - 11/03/17

Disco

i know, i was there. was disgusted by the performance.

trying to get a positive spin on things.

i am just saying even if we lost another couple of matches, the good work in recent weeks wont have gone to waste as we'd still be in a promotion spot.

Really hope that was just one of those days when every player has an off day at the same time because they didn't just beat us, they totally outclassed us in every department. Worrying.

Lots of credit to Fulham, their passing and movement was superb and they never sat back on their lead as they were so confident that they could carry on playing us off the park.

Guest neesy111

That was the most noticeable and commendable thing about there game. They continued to dominate and dictate the match when other teams may have altered there play after taking a lead.

I think that is the main reason we got back into the Bristol City game tbh.  They shit their pants like they did against Derby when they were 3-0 up.

A little disappointed yesterday because it looked abysmal but in

some ways it's hard to be too pissed off because they put in comfortably the best performance from an opposition team I've seen.

£20m seemed ridiculous for Cairney in January. I'd be over the moon if we got him in the summer. Imagine if we'd had him instead of Colback? We'd have pissed all over this league.

We're over reliant on Ritchie forcing the issue and it showed yesterday when he had an off game.

Brighton lost two on the bounce against us and a poor Forest side but they bounced back. It's important we do that against a bad Birmingham side.

I'm also not buying that this one loss negates the good work against Brighton and Huddersfield. It should show how important those wins were - people need to give their heads a shake.

Really hope that was just one of those days when every player has an off day at the same time because they didn't just beat us, they totally outclassed us in every department. Worrying.

Lots of credit to Fulham, their passing and movement was superb and they never sat back on their lead as they were so confident that they could carry on playing us off the park.

How did that happen? It's what I can't get my head around, do they have better players than we are giving them credit for?

some ways it's hard to be too pissed off because they put in comfortably the best performance from an opposition team I've seen.

£20m seemed ridiculous for Cairney in January. I'd be over the moon if we got him in the summer. Imagine if we'd had him instead of Colback? We'd have pissed all over this league.

We're over reliant on Ritchie forcing the issue and it showed yesterday when he had an off game.

Brighton lost two on the bounce against us and a poor Forest side but they bounced back. It's important we do that against a bad Birmingham side.

I'm also not buying that this one loss negates the good work against Brighton and Huddersfield. It should show how important those wins were - people need to give their heads a shake.

:thup: it's such a stupid concept. If we'd lost those 2 games we'd be 3rd

Agree completely - rather lose this and win at Brighton than the other way around for example.

How did that happen? It's what I can't get my head around, do they have better players than we are giving them credit for?

Well on yesterday's showing they looked like a very good side. Even during our bad times in the PL other teams seldom took us to the cleaners as comprehensively as Fulham did yesterday.

But if that was really typical of them then they would be at the top of the table, so maybe it was just a day when we were really bad and they were excellent ?

They were scintillating to watch at times and have some very good players.

Yep, they were excellent yesterday. Cairney ran the game and they had so much pace up front and in wide areas. They'll make the playoffs if they continue like that for the rest of the season and their manager has already got Watford promoted from this division.

Frustrating how we chased shadows and didn't get any tackles in though. We should have man marked Cairney when they had the ball like opposition teams usually do to Shelvey

Yep, they were excellent yesterday. Cairney ran the game and they had so much pace up front and in wide areas. They'll make the playoffs if they continue like that for the rest of the season and their manager has already got Watford promoted from this division.

Frustrating how we chased shadows and didn't get any tackles in though. We should have man marked Cairney when they had the ball like opposition teams usually do to Shelvey

Our players were never close enough to theirs, we actually put in tackles at times when the Fulham player had already gone, at times it was laughable what we were doing, or trying to do.

Yeah, our tackles were so late it was laughable, especially from Shelvey and Colback. It's why we miss Hayden so much because he's got a lot more athleticism and dynamism than Shelvey, Colback, Diame and anyone we had on the bench. I even thought that we could have taken Colback off, put Gamez at right back and put Anita in midifeld to see if we could get closer to them.

I was hoping after half time we'd be fired up and make a change but it was the first 15 minutes of the second half where the game went completely out of reach for us. Hope Clark's injury wasn't serious

some ways it's hard to be too p*ssed off because they put in comfortably the best performance from an opposition team I've seen.

£20m seemed ridiculous for Cairney in January. I'd be over the moon if we got him in the summer. Imagine if we'd had him instead of Colback? We'd have p*ssed all over this league.

Agree completely - rather lose this and win at Brighton than the other way around for example.

We've already lost 5 games at SJP and to sides that weren't classed as promotion contenders - Fulham are now classed as such because they have a decent chance of the play-offs. Yes, we needed to win the Brighton game(and actually deserved to)but that DOESN'T mean its OK to lose to Fulham at SJP AND get played off the park as well because the fans want to see decent performances at home.

some ways it's hard to be too p*ssed off because they put in comfortably the best performance from an opposition team I've seen.

£20m seemed ridiculous for Cairney in January. I'd be over the moon if we got him in the summer. Imagine if we'd had him instead of Colback? We'd have p*ssed all over this league.

We've already lost 5 games at SJP and to sides that weren't classed as promotion contenders - Fulham are now classed as such because they have a decent chance of the play-offs. Yes, we needed to win the Brighton game(and actually deserved to)but that DOESN'T mean its OK to lose to Fulham at SJP AND get played off the park as well because the fans want to see decent performances at home.

Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield could both get promoted

Guest reefatoon

Still absolutely livid about this game, with it being the first one for the little one to go too. Been putting her off for years as I wouldn't take her when Pardew was in charge, then same again with lasagne face and then McClaren. Finally agreed to take her now Rafa is in charge, yet that match yesterday was on par with any of the shit defeats the other 3 arse holes churned out. Fucking shite timing to go.

14 years to day since we were playing Inter off the park in the Champions League and it's now hard to be too pissed off about getting dicked at home to the 7th best team in the Championship? Aye, OK.

14 years to day since we were playing Inter off the park in the Champions League and it's now hard to be too p*ssed off about getting dicked at home to the 7th best team in the Championship? Aye, OK.

Obviously in comparison to that it looks absolutely critical but over the course of the season it's the first time we've been out played. I'm not saying it's excusable but it hardly warrants the meltdown that some seem to be adopting.

14 years to day since we were playing Inter off the park in the Champions League and it's now hard to be too pissed off about getting dicked at home to the 7th best team in the Championship? Aye, OK.

Ashley has run the club down to such an extent, a world class manager, regardless of whether you his style of football, is struggling to sort it out.

The type of players we buy dont appear to have the ability to play in front of the home crowd.

Fulham were far and away the best team that has been to SJP this season.

Terrible effort. Anita & Dummett in particular were pathetic. Ah whey, we're still winning the fucking league.

I still have no idea why any of our fans rate Anita. He's absolute turd.

We have some of the best and some of the worst players in this division. Such a weird squad/team.

Outfought and outplayed by a team that cost a fraction of ours to put together, for fucks sake we were struggling to get possesion at home against a team thats trying for the play offs, and took 6 points off us, and totally deserved all six. half expected with our home form this season, but for fucks sake we need to sort our home form or we will struggle to go up.

The way everyone cheered the missed pen like it was an equalising goal..  :lol: :embarrassed:

Was because they were being dicks and not letting the young 16 year old have a shot at a hat-trick. Then missed.

AND because the kid who got fouled was offside so it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Terrible effort. Anita & Dummett in particular were pathetic. Ah whey, we're still winning the fucking league.

We have some of the best and some of the worst players in this division. Such a weird squad/team.

Spot the lie in the 3rd sentence.

Spot the lie in the 3rd sentence.

How is it a lie? It's an opinion. Colback is one of the worst midfielders in this division, Shelvey is one of the best. Want more examples?