The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Palace have far better players than we do, and while they got a point, the match stats are certainly similar and comparable. Which you seem unable to understand. They had a few more shots, but that's about it.

Reading his post was like watching this

[emoji38] That video has elevated that to easily one of the greatest promos ever delivered.

[emoji38] Really helped me get my head around what he was saying.

Palace have far better players than we do, and while they got a point, the match stats are certainly similar and comparable. Which you seem unable to understand. They had a few more shots, but that's about it.

Reading his post was like watching this

[emoji38] That video has elevated that to easily one of the greatest promos ever delivered.

[emoji38] Really helped me get my head around what he was saying.

LOVE that Steiner Promo. So fucking funny.

We haven't had a pen so far this season have we? 5Live doing their nut in about it. Shocker.

Nope, but we've had one given against us that wasn't a penalty (West Ham) at least.

That was a pen like.

Its understandable it was given but if contact starts outside the box then by the laws of the game it's a free kick. Anyway its more about the fact that these marginal calls tend to go against us, whereas some of our rivals are getting iffy calls in their favour.

No that's wrong.  It's where the foul/contact ends where the foul is committed.

Fair enough, I always assumed it was the other way round. Do you know if this is written down anywhere? Cant find much at all.

Also, when it's a holding of the shirt, who do pundits etc always go on about contact starting outside the box in the case?

Laws of the game specifically refer to holding:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee shall award a penalty kick

Not sure if the same applies to tackles, but I would guess so.

It only relates to holding.

The West Ham one was not a penalty, it was outside the box.

Hard to say, Brighton have 2 more points than Bournemouth so would normally say a Brighton win, but maybe at this stage in the season a draw would be better :dontknow:  Also after watching Brighton against us the other day its hard to imagine them beating anyone.  Not just based on how defensive they were, obviously that could change at home.  But just how fucking shite they were, I can't remember seeing a side pass the ball out of play that many times before.  At one point they threw it out of play from a fucking throw in!