The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest neesy111

Messi bottling all the chances in a big game where it matters, Ronaldo popping a hattrick against Neuer to see his team through.  :-X

Oh shut up.

Hope it's Monaco vs Real next round, it'll be a basketball score.

Monaco are mental. I can't get over them. It's like every player is vying to be the number 10, no matter what position they play :lol:

Really hope they win it, the way they play is a breathe of fresh air.

Mandzukic down injured, Juve kick it out and Barca keep the ball from the throw :lol:

That's the way it should be. If you kick it out for the other team's player to get treatment you should expect it back but if you kick the ball out for your own team then you shouldn't get it back a you can then time waste.

Would happily see any of the semi finalists win it tbh.

Can rarely go wrong with Real. Except pretty much every first team player has already won it... most twice, Cronaldo already has 3 CL final appearances

Atleti deserve to win due to getting so close previously. This is a relative Golden Era for them but they've only won 1 league title, a Copa and EL. A CL would cap off an excellent era. Although 2 CL finals is nothing to snuff at.

Juve - Buffon alone. Some top class defenders too. Lose points for being the Italian Bayern.

Monaco - probably my fav.

Would love for the holy trinity to win it. No one deserves to win it more than Buffon.

Failing that, I'll settle for a surprise Monaco win. Such fluid incisive movement and beautiful hard-hitting attacking play.

Been a decent CL this year, and I'm delighted that twat Suarez is getting nowhere near the trophy along with his sobbing mate. Messi isn't himself, and sadly Iniesta is no longer what he used to be.

The tournament is long overdue somebody who is not a superclub winning it. There's only really Porto in my memory as an unfancied team winning it, and even then they were winning their second title. For what is a knockout competition, it is far more of a closed shop than you would imagine it should be.

The likes of Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid have become ridiculously strong in recent years. This has coincided with the decline of the Milan clubs and under-performance of English teams post-Fergie which has closed the possible winners to literally 3 clubs. Then they're funneled through a tournament rigged with rigid seedings and country match-up restrictions that leave you with the same boring ties in the latter stages every year.

I'm no fan of Monaco as a club, or the place, but their young side winning it would be a breath of fresh air. Unlikely though looking at how poor they are defensively and how easily they crumble when the tide of a match turns against them.

The tournament is long overdue somebody who is not a superclub winning it. There's only really Porto in my memory as an unfancied team winning it, and even then they were winning their second title. For what is a knockout competition, it is far more of a closed shop than you would imagine it should be.

The likes of Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid have become ridiculously strong in recent years. This has coincided with the decline of the Milan clubs and under-performance of English teams post-Fergie which has closed the possible winners to literally 3 clubs. Then they're funneled through a tournament rigged with rigid seedings and country match-up restrictions that leave you with the same boring ties in the latter stages every year.

I'm no fan of Monaco as a club, or the place, but their young side winning it would be a breath of fresh air. Unlikely though looking at how poor they are defensively and how easily they crumble when the tide of a match turns against them.

:thup: It's a shite tournanent. Monaco winning it would be mildly interesting, but Real will. Tedium.

:thup: It's a shite tournanent. Monaco winning it would be mildly interesting, but Real will. Tedium.

I've always preferred the UEFA Cup/Europa League for that very reason. Much more open with who can win it and the kind of sides that make runs to the final. Sevilla monopolizing it got a bit dull, but impressive that a small club has been able to build a dynasty and have the record number of successes. Can't imagine how pig sick Betis fans are after the last 10 years.

Initially thought 4 for Cronaldo but thought he had perhaps moved for the second Man Utd final but I think he played in the 2-0 defeat. 

Aye Bayern, Barca, Real and to a lesser extent Atletico have dominated the tournament in recent years.  Wouldn't say it's rigged- those are the best teams in Europe by a distance.  even when Chelsea won it the big 3 were the best teams that year. 

If the CL is a shit tournament football isn't worth watching. Its the best tournament from the knockouts onwards.  This years has been quality and there's signs the field might be opening.