The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Tbf that sort of makes sense if you remove the sentence involving Huddersfield and date the post back to 2011.

?

Reading finished 3rd and Huddersfield only 5th due to goal difference. They were practically in the top 4 all season.

Tbf that sort of makes sense if you remove the sentence involving Huddersfield and date the post back to 2011.

?

Reading finished 3rd and Huddersfield only 5th due to goal difference. They were practically in the top 4 all season.

For sure, the two contesting the final have been the ones up front all season and deserve it, did we at any point think Fulham or Sheff Wed would catch us ?

I was watching Mooy closely tonight, got to say not impressed, I don't think he can make the step up to the PL based on tonight at least, he's 26 now too thought he was younger. I would lean towards Cairny if we are going to buy one of the two for sure.

?

For sure, the two contesting the final have been the ones up front all season and deserve it, did we at any point think Fulham or Sheff Wed would catch us ?

I was watching Mooy closely tonight, got to say not impressed, I don't think he can make the step up to the PL based on tonight at least, he's 26 now too thought he was younger. I would lean towards Cairny if we are going to buy one of the two for sure.

I thought the opposite about Mooy tbh, although I didn't see the first half. I thought he was really good

Both Mooy and Cairney are too similar to Shelvey imo; Mooy more so. We need a replacement for Diame; we have a lack of mobility in midfield and nobody is capable of going past an opponent and breaking their shape. The players mentioned all rely on their passing. If Cairney had a bit more pace he'd have so much more to his game.

Tbf though we were bemoaning the fact last season that we had no one like Shelvey who could step in when he had that suspension. :lol:

Fair point. Not sure if they'll cost a back-up player price though.

Even with a strong manager, I feel like big money won't be allowed to sit on the bench.

They might be in to take Shelvey's place nevermind be back up. Shelvey had lost his place in the side when we went down hadn't he?

Yeah that's right. Wouldn't personally advocate swapping out one of our best players when there's so many other areas which need attention, but trust Rafa has a vision and knows who fits in it long-term.

Wonder if a big club will take a chance on Mahrez this summer despite not having as good a season

He pretty much said in an interview the other day that Leicester said they would let him leave this summer if he stayed this year.

Reckon he might go to someone like Tottenham if Lamela/Sissoko both leave.

Wonder if a big club will take a chance on Mahrez this summer despite not having as good a season

He pretty much said in an interview the other day that Leicester said they would let him leave this summer if he stayed this year.

Forgot Lamela existed

Forgot Lamela existed

He just had an operation, might need another. Would be nice to get him back next year.