The other games today 2017/18

Greg

They've missed a couple of sitters. But Sunderland should be happy with that result, Derby were awful but important for the Mackems not to lose, with confidence pretty fragile.

Two bad teams, think either could have won it if they wanted to give it a go. Both teams will be undone by better teams, they were both poor in a lot of areas, and sloppy as well. Derby put a ball out for a throw in instead of playing someone through on goal, and Sunderland put the ball out for a throw in in a dangerous area instead of playing it out. There will be better and more intelligent teams in the league, Sunderland's biggest problem is how weak they looked at the back. The pitch was shortened in order to allow them to defend better, had they not done it then today they would have been run ragged, and it would have been a long season ahead of them.

What if other teams' grounds have small pitches?

It's about what they do with it not the size.  If they just stick it in the box and hope for the best it won't have a happy ending.

The first round of the FA Cup starts today, and the BBC are streaming it :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/40756747

Great idea, fair play to them for doing it like, going to be showing every single round after this too, hopefully give some exposure to different teams

Is it churlish of me to be a bit disappointed that one of the teams in the first match is AFC Liverpool?

Great idea, fair play to them for doing it like, going to be showing every single round after this too, hopefully give some exposure to different teams

Is it churlish of me to be a bit disappointed that one of the teams in the first match is AFC Liverpool?

Apparently the other team is a local rival which is why its being shown.

Apparently the other team is a local rival which is why its being shown.

Isn't the first qualifying round regional anyway? So most teams will be playing a "local" rival of sorts.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed to see they had picked AFC Liverpool in the week but as has been said it is meant to be a Derby so you can kind of understand it, would have preferred them to stay away from teams like AFC Liverpool though

Hopefully Sheilds end up getting on when they enter