The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Bayern vs Atletico is actually a great example, that was probably the best Bayern played under Guardiola.

Also reminds me of one of the Chelsea vs Barca games were everyone was claiming defensive masterclass but all it really was Barca missing chances all night long.

Most of the time that's case with dominant in possession teams vs "Park the bus"  teams, the only time I really remember something were the defensive team limited them to actually not much chances was probably Inter vs Barca.

Tbf Chelsea were down to ten men after captain, leader, legend JT got sent off for kneeing Sanchez off the ball for no reason so it was still a good defensive performance although Barca obviously should have won. Think Messi missed a penalty iirc

Why did Fletcher move from WBA to Stoke? 'Money ?

Would've been a good signing for us.

Wanted to play football at this stage of his career, also Pulis wouldn't offer him the deal he wanted.

We were in for him but his family are still in Manchester and he wanted to be closer to them

Bayern vs Atletico is actually a great example, that was probably the best Bayern played under Guardiola.

Also reminds me of one of the Chelsea vs Barca games were everyone was claiming defensive masterclass but all it really was Barca missing chances all night long.

Most of the time that's case with dominant in possession teams vs "Park the bus"  teams, the only time I really remember something were the defensive team limited them to actually not much chances was probably Inter vs Barca.

Juve at the Nou Camp last season. :thup:

Juve at the Nou Camp last season. :thup:

In fairness i hardly watched football at all last season :lol: I have no doubt you are correct though.

Tbf Chelsea were down to ten men after captain, leader, legend JT got sent off for kneeing Sanchez off the ball for no reason so it was still a good defensive performance although Barca obviously should have won. Think Messi missed a penalty iirc

It's one of my favorite games ever. It wasn't a defensive masterclass. It was so much. Last ditch defending, good officiating(Messi had a goal disallowed  that looked good at first), great finishes and goalkeeping. Even though Barcelona lost, they had some classy moments in that game. They just hit the woodwork a lot. And throw all the Drogba stuff in and you have two excellent ties. Puyol was immense, too. Especially up front. He could have been a bigger hero if he had scored. Weird how Cahill started that season with Bolton.

Guest neesy111

Lukaku > Kane to me. Scored regularly for a poor PL team, mid-table one and will undoubtedly rip the piss for Man Utd. Scary how good he'll be in 2-3 years playing for these.

Will be PL top scorer imo this season if he stays injury free.

Guest neesy111

Hope West Ham play like this in a couple weeks time

Hopefully.  They are playing first 4 games this season all away, so might be struggling.

Hopefully.  They are playing first 4 games this season all away, so might be struggling.

:lol: At least they have that intimidating home atmosphere to go back to after that. Turn up the speakers, lads.

Guest neesy111

:lol: At least they have that intimidating home atmosphere to go back to after that. Turn up the speakers, lads.

Not bitter at all.  ;)