The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I think Klopp has succeeded in bringing a lot of players that fit his football style, and that front 3 for example fits him like a glove. The problem is that he's succeeded a bit too much - they are a bit uni-dimensional at this point. I can see the insistence in keeping Coutinho because he is the only player in their attacking unit that brings something a bit different.

Guest neesy111

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05gb005  - Angry 'scouser' rant.

Do find it strange that Liverpool put all their eggs in one basket with van Dijk instead of having a backup plan so they're not relying on Lovren/Klavan

Aye, guessing they thought he was the only one who was going to slot into how they play etc.

Still can't believe they didn't sign a GK as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Have to say, as soon as I heard that cockney accent his opinion instantly lost almost all of its worth for me. I know it's wrong to judge without knowing more, but it's just my natural reaction with fans of successful clubs who aren't from the area.

Guest firetotheworks

Drinkwater not even making their bench. He'll be at Stoke, WBA, Palace within 18 months.

Players making that move get everything they deserve unless they're confident to the point of delusion, like. There's a 12 or something year history of Chelsea buying these players and doing nothing with them and yet there are still plenty of takers the next time they do it.

Han Kwang-song is a North Korean striker, only turned 19 last week, became first North Korean to score in a major European league when he bagged for Cagliari last season. They (surprisingly) loaned him out this year. So far he's scored 5 in 4 in Serie B for Perugia and now being linked to a load of big clubs. Looks quick, good dribbler and good finisher.

Interesting story not just because of his apparent talent but his origin. One to watch.

Dybala with a hattrick. Already has 8 in 4 games in the Serie A. Impressive.

He was pretty indifferent at the Camp Nou though. Juventus have become too good, or Serie A really bad.

Casually forgetting him tearing you apart in the quarter final last year :lol:

He was pretty indifferent at the Camp Nou though. Juventus have become too good, or Serie A really bad.

Juve were really poor on Tuesday, like. Had a few breaks in the first half but after Messi's first they just fell to bits.

Guest Howaythetoon

Starting to think klopp as manager isn't all that tbh.

I personally love him and love his whole style and ethos, but he's under pressure at Liverpool and I just don't think he's a title winning type of manager. He's top 4, good football, cup runs etc., but not title winning material.

I can see a day when Rafa ends up back there, for example he would tighten that team up and have it seriously challenging for the title.

They are far too weak defensively at the moment and seem shagged towards the end of a season which is ultimately the business end and where the true champions tend to close things out.

He won 2 Bundesliga titles over Bayern.

He's got a bit of a weak spot with regards to buying defenders, although I think that's down to being picky. They spent all summer chasing Van Dijk instead of ever considering somebody else to be an upgrade on Klavan and Lovren.

Guest Howaythetoon

He won 2 Bundesliga titles over Bayern.

He's got a bit of a weak spot with regards to buying defenders, although I think that's down to being picky. They spent all summer chasing Van Dijk instead of ever considering somebody else to be an upgrade on Klavan and Lovren.

He did indeed, but this is a far tougher league and Dortmund are basically only second to Bayern where as Liverpool are basically 5th to Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City (irrespective of order of course). He will be under huge pressure this season and I can only see him lasting the course if he somehow wins the CL. The league is beyond them and always will be under Klopp because defensively they concede too many or look too frail defensively.

Casually forgetting him tearing you apart in the quarter final last year :lol:

In which he scored half the goals he did in his entire CL campaign, and it's not like Juve didn't get far.

Don't get me wrong, Dybala's really good, but he still lacks consistency when facing top sides. Running up the score in a league where Juve is heads and shoulders above the rest flatters him to a degree.