The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Wenger has bought terribly in the past 5 years.  The squad has deteriorated little by little and the only way they'll get back on-track is to change the guy responsible for transfers.

This is simply not true, their squad actually reached a low point about 5 years ago, after the sales of Nasri, Fabregas. The season where they were regularly fielding the likes of Andre Santos, Squillaci, Djourou, Gervinho, Chamakh etc, scraped 4th place and then culminated finally with the sale of van Persie in 2013 - the last time they sold a key player.

In the intervening 5 years, they have strengthened and improved by spending significant amounts of money. There is no doubt that the likes of Sanchez, Ozil are a level of signing above and beyond the previous years and it has resulted in 2 FA cup wins and 2nd place last season.

This season is a monumental collapse, and probably should signal the end of Wenger's time at Arsenal, but to say it's been a gradual decline over the last 5 years is not true.

:thup:

Aye that RVP, Nasri, Fabregas & Adebayor era was the last time he put together a really promising team.

The Podolski, Giroud era hasn't been good enough.

Cazorla's injury problems have been massive too.

He's spent but the team isn't good enough. In the last 5-7 years Spurs have bought better. And they're just poorly coached at this point.

It's cultural more than ability-based IMO. I'm no fan of lump-it footballers in general but there is absolutely no spine in the Arsenal team at all. How easily they can be bullied by more committed teams. I love Wenger and he'll never change, but he needs to add genuine aggression to his style.

Strangely his Vieira/Petit team with the old defenders was full of it, but he didn't seem to value it as something to replace.

Guest neesy111

I find it hard to feel sorry for Arsenal fans whinging on like, fuck me spoilt or what

It's nothing like that.  They want the best for their team and club and they see their club on a downward spiral and know action needs to be take to reverse it.

It's cultural more than ability-based IMO. I'm no fan of lump-it footballers in general but there is absolutely no spine in the Arsenal team at all. How easily they can be bullied by more committed teams. I love Wenger and he'll never change, but he needs to add genuine aggression to his style.

Strangely his Vieira/Petit team with the old defenders was full of it, but he didn't seem to value it as something to replace.

Aye - it's just him and the culture he's let permeate the club. City suffer a bit from it too. You see Spurs, to a man they battle. Danny Rose in particular a LB. You see Arsenal, Bellerin doesn't have the stomach for it. It's not that he can't but he doesn't if that makes sense. Walcott as captain ffs, heart of a pea. Will always remember him shirking a 60/40 against Sunderland last season when he would've been through on goal if he won it.

Look at the CM's that he produces. Fabregas and Ramsey for example. No idea or care in the world for the defensive element of being a CM. No discipline.

Look at Chelsea - Moses has always been hardworking but he's a super competitor now.

Looks pretty average mid table to me, lets not go nuts because Arsenal are shite. They shouldn't be fighting relegation but no manager would get them top 10 or anything either.

Watford are tenth, three points above them :lol:

Aye that RVP, Nasri, Fabregas & Adebayor era was the last time he put together a really promising team.

The Podolski, Giroud era hasn't been good enough.

Cazorla's injury problems have been massive too.

He's spent but the team isn't good enough. In the last 5-7 years Spurs have bought better. And they're just poorly coached at this point.

Genuinely forgot that he existed.