The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Guest neesy111

We haven't had a pen so far this season have we? 5Live doing their nut in about it. Shocker.

Nope, but we've had one given against us that wasn't a penalty (West Ham) at least.

That was a pen like.

Its understandable it was given but if contact starts outside the box then by the laws of the game it's a free kick. Anyway its more about the fact that these marginal calls tend to go against us, whereas some of our rivals are getting iffy calls in their favour.

No that's wrong.  It's where the foul/contact ends where the foul is committed.

We haven't had a pen so far this season have we? 5Live doing their nut in about it. Shocker.

Nope, but we've had one given against us that wasn't a penalty (West Ham) at least.

That was a pen like.

Its understandable it was given but if contact starts outside the box then by the laws of the game it's a free kick. Anyway its more about the fact that these marginal calls tend to go against us, whereas some of our rivals are getting iffy calls in their favour.

The contact carried on into the box. As far as I was aware that means penalty. May be wrong like, not swallowed the rules for a while.

Yeah same here tbh  :lol: but it does seem like forever since we were given the benefit of doubt in a major call.

That was a pen like.

The contact carried on into the box. As far as I was aware that means penalty. May be wrong like, not swallowed the rules for a while.

Yeah same here tbh  :lol: but it does seem like forever since we were given the benefit of doubt in a major call.

Absolutely. It's not just this season either if you look at what Brighton got last year compared to us.

That's two s*** penalty decisions to aid relegation rivals today. Absolute joke.

It's like they're actively trying to get us relegated.

I've thought this for a while. I even thought it during our first Ashley inspired relegation season. Happens way too much to be pure coincidence.

That was a pen like.

Absolutely. It's not just this season either if you look at what Brighton got last year compared to us.

Last season had some amazing decisions against us tbf  :lol:

We're so fucked over with penalties that the refs don't even give us the retakes for encroachment  :lol:

:lol:

That was a pen like.

Fair enough, I always assumed it was the other way round. Do you know if this is written down anywhere? Cant find much at all.

Also, when it's a holding of the shirt, who do pundits etc always go on about contact starting outside the box in the case?

That was a pen like.

Fair enough, I always assumed it was the other way round. Do you know if this is written down anywhere? Cant find much at all.

I've just had a quick look at the laws and I am now more confused as the only reference to giving a penalty when a foul continues into the box is specifically in relation to holding:

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

Guest neesy111

That was a pen like.

I've just had a quick look at the laws and I am now more confused as the only reference to giving a penalty when a foul continues into the box is specifically in relation to holding:

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

Yeap, the law doesn't explain it well but from refs I've spoke to say it's about where the challenge ends.

That was a pen like.

Yeah just found that myself, could swear pundits quite often say thew opposite. Mind you, relying on them to get things right isn't the best idea tbh  :lol:

That was a pen like.

Also, when it's a holding of the shirt, who do pundits etc always go on about contact starting outside the box in the case?

Laws of the game specifically refer to holding:

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee shall award a penalty kick

Not sure if the same applies to tackles, but I would guess so.

That was a pen like.

Yeap, the law doesn't explain it well but from refs I've spoke to say it's about where the challenge ends.

:thup: