Have you enjoyed the season?

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

This time was a lot tougher and a lot more graft went into it imo. I also think that the quality of the squad is way, way lower than last time and it very quickly transpired that getting back up first time was going to be tougher than last time. The league has a lot more decent sides who play decent football as well, last time it was pretty much Blackpool and that was it. This time Brighton, Huddersfield, and Fulham have all played some very nice stuff.

The referees are the worst I've ever seen though, not just as a Newcastle fan either. Some of the decisions this season absolutely blew my mind. I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse than that Nottingham Forest match, and then Burton happened. :lol:

It's a 3 for me. Now it's all about how Rafa goes about rebuilding, and how much he's able to.

I've enjoyed this season massively, I've felt that we were going up all season have never doubted that. We've had highs and lows and that's part of football. Not having to hate the club is great and wasn't expected 13 months ago. Some of our fans have been very nervous but I think that's because they care and at our club you always feel a kick in the balls is coming. This season has been one of my favourites and we can build on this if we want to, we're unlikely to have a better chance.

1.Been fucking horrible the last few months.

To be fair it was good/great until christmas. But since then we've been poor. But big relief now, and hopefully Rafa can do whats needed over the next months to get a good foundation to build on for the next years.

I was extremely nervous throughout this season, believing that if we didn't go up we'd be down here 'forever', and we'd be waving goodbye to the arguably highest calibre manager ever to walk through our door.

But you have to take the rough with the smooth and some of the performances and moments this season were great, when we smashed QPR, Preston and when we unbelievably turned around Norwich. Add in our form for the past 3 months and it's been a real nail-biting finale.

4/5 as the watermark was set in our last season down here which I give a 5, when it felt so good to be a fan again and didn't feel like it was the last throw of the dice.

1 is surely not getting promoted territory [emoji38]

No, the promotion is fucking brilliant. But the last few months have affected my mood more than i like to admit (and not in a positive way).

Guest reefatoon

I would probably go 3. Out of the four promotions I have seen, this was probably the least enjoyable. The main part of the others were strong finishes to the season, where this one has been a little poor, but promotion is all that matters. The away games have been a massive plus this season, where the home form was not as great as expected. Onwards and upwards.

It's in my top 5 seasons of all time; I've completely drowned myself in football again. Tense and not always pretty from a NUFC point of view, but compare that to recent years gone by and it's been terrific.

Wouldn't agree with the first part but then at 42 I've been through about 35 seasons. The bit in bold is why I went for a four over a three, which was my initial reaction.

Its felt like a massive slog to get promoted tho Ive enjoyed some aspects of the season but found it generally frustraiting.

Pretty much this for me. If 1 is enjoyed it, I'll go 3.25.

Love that Ketsbaia had to edit his post.

1. Not in the slightest.

Maybe football isn't the sport for you.

Says the fella who loved the pardew era.

You know what I mean though... your club has had a successful season under the best manager in recent memory. Have to enjoy it a bit surely. Otherwise what will you enjoy?

1. Not in the slightest.

You know what I mean though... your club has had a successful season under the best manager in recent memory. Have to enjoy it a bit surely. Otherwise what will you enjoy?

I'll enjoy being back in the premier, and constructing a decent team. What we've got now is shite and could have easily gone the other way relying on a couple of key players and some lucky results.

Basically it was all a little bit too close for comfort second half of the season. I've relaxed ten fold since our 3rd last night.

After not having a season ticket for the last 4 years this was my first season back with my son. Must say I have really enjoyed it, obviously frustrating at times but overall an enjoyable experience.

Fingers crossed we can now build on what we have and push on.

I'll enjoy being back in the premier, and constructing a decent team. What we've got now is s**** and could have easily gone the other way relying on a couple of key players and some lucky results.

Basically it was all a little bit too close for comfort second half of the season. I've relaxed ten fold since our 3rd last night.

We could have had more points if we hadn't suffered shit officials.  We're promoted and are 9 points better off than the team in third, what did you expect us to do?

1. Not in the slightest.

I'll enjoy being back in the premier, and constructing a decent team. What we've got now is s**** and could have easily gone the other way relying on a couple of key players and some lucky results.

We've also had some dreadful refereeing decisions that have directly affected games and lost games we should have comfortably won on the balance of play.  That's football..

I can't understand how anybody could go for anything less than 3 unless it's sarcasm.

Don't understand the ones like, but can certainly understand twos, depending on how you've viewed it. The game yesterday and the final two should be enough for at least a two IMO.

Either way, glad that it's sparking a bit of debate and it's interesting hearing different viewpoints.