Have you enjoyed the season?

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's been refreshing being away from the often over-hyped and cliche coverage of the Premier League. I enjoyed us being the focus and also the league as a whole. I've hardly followed the Premier League this season tbh.

Of course though, it has not been a smooth ride like the last time we were here but that makes this season much better as an emotional rollercoaster. The refs have been crap, some of the teams have been like c***s when playing us and its been a real, hard-fought slog but its been an experience and a happy one in the end.

Just need us to pip Brighton to the title and it'll be a great season. Will fondly remember Sky's intro to the games with Lascelles, Rafa and SJP in it. Aptly, the theme song is called 'Watch Me Rise' by Mikky Ekko. Perfect for us.

And I'm quite excited to follow the play-offs this season and also the games next season. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Do I want to play it again? No thank you.

Should of been well ahead in this league not accepting that it was difficult with the resources we had, did better under HOUGHTON, just like Brighton have with less resources, bearing in mind we did the double over them and yet got slaughtered off truly diabolical teams.

Should of been well ahead in this league not accepting that it was difficult with the resources we had, did better under HOUGHTON, just like Brighton have with less resources, bearing in mind we did the double over them and yet got slaughtered off truly diabolical teams.

If we win our remaining two games, we'd be on 94 points, which would be enough to finish top in all but 3 seasons since the Championship got renamed from Division 1. :lol:

For me, personally, it made me fall in love with the game again. I felt like a kid listening to the radio commentary, and watching many-a game through some dude's Periscope added a new level of closeness to both the club and the game I'd not felt in over a decade.

We forget, maybe, how gloomy and tortuous the Pardew years were. Many of us were hoping for defeats on matchdays to see the back of the c-nt, and that kind of negativity is simply not good for one's mind and body. Having someone like Rafa here has completely turned that around, and made me realize why I follow this game in the first place. It's about a community, at the end of the day, when you strip it all away, and Rafa has brought us all back together.

So for me, this season was a 4 or a 5 simply for those reasons. I thoroughly enjoyed it, tbh.

Was good, 3-4. Felt like a bit of a slog and the climax was a bit of a relief rather than a punch the air moment. Games in general just feel less of an event in this league, there's so many against bog standard teams. Even say getting an away win at Watford is a lot more satisfying than beating most of these teams. Just not as exciting if you can't make it to many games.

If we win our remaining two games, we'd be on 94 points, which would be enough to finish top in all but 3 seasons since the Championship got renamed from Division 1. :lol:

One of those 3 seasons being when "Houghton" won us the league, right?

For me, personally, it made me fall in love with the game again. I felt like a kid listening to the radio commentary, and watching many-a game through some dude's Periscope added a new level of closeness to both the club and the game I'd not felt in over a decade.

We forget, maybe, how gloomy and tortuous the Pardew years were. Many of us were hoping for defeats on matchdays to see the back of the c-nt, and that kind of negativity is simply not good for one's mind and body. Having someone like Rafa here has completely turned that around, and made me realize why I follow this game in the first place. It's about a community, at the end of the day, when you strip it all away, and Rafa has brought us all back together.

So for me, this season was a 4 or a 5 simply for those reasons. I thoroughly enjoyed it, tbh.

:thup:

The bit about Pardew brought some much needed perspective. I would change my vote from 3 to 4 after reconsidering.

I'm at a 4. Feeling engaged with the club and going to more games in the flesh than I have done for years created some

Great memories and trips. Having a manager we all respect and rate has been so refreshing and enjoyable and remains a novelty. I've also loved watching an organised and disciplined, tactically astute (most of the time) team manage games sensibly. On the other hand, I've hated knowing that fans of downtrodden, fallen sides want to scratch at our heels like zombies and drag us down to their level, week in, week out. The pressure has been so palpable in that regard. I'm disappointed that so few holdover players from last year I expected to smash the league (Mitrovic, Perez, Mbemba in the main) have not kicked on. We have of course been unduly negative at times and thrown away points needlessly on too many occasions. But on the whole it's been another refreshing year of re-engaging with club and community.

3. League is awful, our style of play was effective but not particularly entertaining. But obviously we won lots of games and completed objective #1, without satisfying any of the "nice to haves".

Saying that, if we could swap our first half of the season form with our second half form, it'd probably be a 9.

you know theres something in that, I did enjoy our previous visit more than this one but looking back the 1st half of that season felt a lot like the 2nd half of this one felt so maybe the strong finish put more of a gloss on things in retrospect

4. In the main, I've just relished having a likable team and a manager to be proud of for the first time in years. It has been a slog at times, particularly in recent weeks, but there have been some notable highs - the 6-0 drubbing of QPR where we were magnificent, the back-to-back away wins at Brighton and Huddersfield, the 4-0 against Birmingham...Perez's goal against Ipswich was a real highlight for me, capping off a passage of play that really felt like the culmination of what Benitez has been trying to instill in terms of identity and playstyle this season; controlled, calculated possession to create space, freeing Shelvey up to play the decisive pass. Was absolutely beaming when Perez tucked it away, just a brilliant, brilliant team goal.

I'll enjoy being back in the premier, and constructing a decent team. What we've got now is s**** and could have easily gone the other way relying on a couple of key players and some lucky results.

Basically it was all a little bit too close for comfort second half of the season. I've relaxed ten fold since our 3rd last night.

We could have had more points if we hadn't suffered shit officials.  We're promoted and are 9 points better off than the team in third, what did you expect us to do?

What I expected us to do is irrelevant, what we did that counts and it was far more stressful than it should have been.

I suppose that's part of feeling something for the club again, last few years I've barely gave a shit. Not sure how next season will feel, just hoping for better players through the door and a season to be proud of.

I've just felt this season that I've been able to look at the team sheet before the game, and know how we're going to play, and how unexciting it's going to be.

Fair play to Rafa, he's done the business. But I'm relieved it's over and that we can look forward to some better football.

3. League is awful, our style of play was effective but not particularly entertaining. But obviously we won lots of games and completed objective #1, without satisfying any of the "nice to haves".

Saying that, if we could swap our first half of the season form with our second half form, it'd probably be a 9.

you know theres something in that, I did enjoy our previous visit more than this one but looking back the 1st half of that season felt a lot like the 2nd half of this one felt so maybe the strong finish put more of a gloss on things in retrospect

Just a feeling of improvement innit. In the last few months we've stagnated at best, not good for morale.

Anyway, done now. Onward and upward. Up and at them.

Mixed. I was completely rattled when I went to the Huddersfield home game, and we'd lost 2 out of 2, to start season.  :lol:

But I loved the class 9 game winning run we went on October/November.

We've stumbled a little recently but bottom line: we're promoted and the objective is achieved.

Looking forward to the play-offs now like. No pressure, lets see who does the business.

It's been refreshing being away from the often over-hyped and cliche coverage of the Premier League. I enjoyed us being the focus and also the league as a whole. I've hardly followed the Premier League this season tbh.

Of course though, it has not been a smooth ride like the last time we were here but that makes this season much better as an emotional rollercoaster. The refs have been crap, some of the teams have been like c***s when playing us and its been a real, hard-fought slog but its been an experience and a happy one in the end.

Just need us to pip Brighton to the title and it'll be a great season. Will fondly remember Sky's intro to the games with Lascelles, Rafa and SJP in it. Aptly, the theme song is called 'Watch Me Rise' by Mikky Ekko. Perfect for us.

And I'm quite excited to follow the play-offs this season and also the games next season. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Do I want to play it again? No thank you.

:thup:

For me it's been just an anxious slog to get to the finishing line, there have been some highlights like the 6-0 at QPR or that goal that Perez scored (which I'm shocked is not mentioned more) where he scored after about 30 passes right from kick off without the opposition touching the ball.

Those two examples though highlight one of the biggest problems I have had with this season, being an exile I have to rely the bbc text feed, radio Newcastle or early in the season dodgy periscope for my ability to see that. On the rare occasion we were on TV we often chose those times to under perform. 

Just glad it's over and we are back, we can now sit and relax and watch the rest of the drama play out between who goes down and who wins the playoffs. This to me is the most enjoyable point of the season and it's borne out of sheer relief. Voted a 2.

At times it's been nerve wracking and I sometimes didn't celebrate wins due to constantly moving onto the next game and hoping for another win. It was just too important to get promoted, the consequences would have been unthinkable.

Highlight of the season: the 4-3 against Norwich was unbelievable. I'd never seen 2 late goals like that before and don't think I will again. Simply stunned at the end.