Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

Reading a West Ham forum. They reckon it's because we and they declared a certain amount of tax for players from Marseille whereas Marseille have declared a different amount and the discrepancy has been discovered. Sounds like Marseille are the ones fiddling the books and we've been caught in the crossfire.

Only worry for me is that (somehow) Rafa seems to have, or at least had before January, a good relationship with Charnley. If not for that, I'd just have kept laughing my arse off.

I haven't stopped laughing since the Mafia stuff came out tbh, although having said that in the back of my mind i genuinely worried about what could happen :lol:

Reading a West Ham forum. They reckon it's because we and they declared a certain amount of tax for players from Marseille whereas Marseille have declared a different amount and the discrepancy has been discovered. Sounds like Marseille are the ones fiddling the books and we've been caught in the crossfire.

I hope that's all it is, but I can't understand why Charnley would be arrested? No West Ham official has been arrested as far as I'm aware?

I hope that's all it is, but I can't understand why Charnley would be arrested? No West Ham official has been arrested as far as I'm aware?

Yep, this is where I'm at a bit of a loss.

Well it doesn't take much to be arrested. All they need is a suspicion you're involved. Then the necessities for the arrest are to preserve the evidence and interview him. Lots of people get arrested and released without any further action. I think people always assume that if someone is arrested there's tons of evidence against that person. Not necessarily so.

As I've said it is possibly because his name has been on official documents, West Ham may just have put the clubs name down, or Charnley may just be a recurring name. We have done more deals with OM than Weat Ham have, so Charnley will be in the firing line more.

As I've said it is possibly because his name has been on official documents, West Ham may just have put the clubs name down, or Charnley may just be a recurring name. We have done more deals with OM than Weat Ham have, so Charnley will be in the firing line more.

Not sure about that. Only been Cabella and Thauvin on our side, whereas WHU have had dealings with Marseille re. Alou Diarra and Morgan Amalfitano as well as Payet. The Payet deal (or at least the sale back to l'OM) is also arguably the most significant in terms of money and profile.

The ceo is the person responsible for the business so its them they would arrest. Simple as that really. Have I just giggsed myself?

The ceo is the person responsible for the business so its them they would arrest. Simple as that really. Have I just giggsed myself?

So why hasn't Karren Brady been arrested?

You'd have to ask the authorities. Depends on the seriousness of the allegations?

*and in answering that I may have just understood where that question was coming from; what's charnley done that Brady hasn't? That I don't know *

You'd have to ask the authorities. Depends on the seriousness of the allegations?

*and in answering that I may have just understood where that question was coming from; what's charnley done that Brady hasn't? That I don't know *

:thup: