Moment of the season 16/17

Heron

Got to 5 home games this season, 1 away. Was at Norwich home game, that was incredible. Reading home (especially 2nd half) was canny too.

Winning at Leeds is always quality. Haven't been too bad with the games this I went to this season tbf.

Possibly the eruption of joyful noise when Villa scored on Sunday. The place had understandably gone flat and it seemed we were merely playing out the last few minutes of the season. I barely celebrated Gayles goal because i just didn't think things would change at Villa park. The rest is glorious history.

The ten minutes from when Gayle scored, Villa equalised and then their result being confirmed was f***ing magic. That's exactly why you follow football. What a day yesterday was.

I changed my mind from the Norwich game as this beat it by a mile and that's saying something.

The fact that there was no real way of knowing what was going on elsewhere apart from hearsay which created an increased atmosphere at one patch before reducing the ground to an accepted morgue in another.  In my area in the middle Gallowgate beside the corner, we accepted that promotion was a great achievement on it's own considering with Gayle's celebration for the 3rd more than enough to provide a happy atmosphere in the bar afterwards.

What happened when Gayle ran back to the centre circle can only be described by what sounded like a herd of elephants running from one end of the ground to the other as the roar which hasn't been known for years cascaded around the stadium when Aston Villa scored.  Maybe as far back as the Shearer years.  It was like a Mexican wave in the way it went around the ground before confusion and not quite believing it set in.

The scenes on the realisation and watching our own team get lost in the moment with their pile on and dancing about wont be forgotten.    Just hope this is the end of us being a circus club and we can look forward to even getting close to what happened yesterday.  Maybe that was our moment as a club in my lifetime. Who knows.

About ten minutes to two on Sunday when it flashes up on the scoreboard that Brighton failed at Villa. Cue scenes of absolute f***ing bedlam. Believe!

really? i think you will be surprised at how un bedlam it will be  :hmm:

I would surprised, certainly.

quote author=Toondave link=topic=98718.msg6364087#msg6364087 date=1494176364]

Bedlamtastic. Just saying...  :lol:

Seemed bedlam-ish from where I was sat. A geezer over to my left in the east stand spontaneously combusted, half a second later strawberry corner went beserk, half a second after that the who grounds going bananas. :lol:

Days like Sunday are rare as rocking horse shit at our club but when they come along my god they're worth waiting for.

The final whistle on Sunday. Thankfully we won the league in the final minutes but really should have had it won weeks ago.

Enjoyed some awaydays and occasional performance but in the main its been pretty turgid watching.

onwards and upwards.

Diame's goal vs Brighton, probably our most important goal of the season and it was the biggest fluke I've ever seen

The last few minutes of the final day, stealing the title

The Comeback against Norwich, stopped following the score at 3-2, opened it at 3-3 and though a draw would do only to see we've won it an hour later

For some reason, mainly because he did it right in front of where I sit, but Dwight Gayles going down, going up celebration will live long in the memory. Fitting that he scored our first and last goals of the 2016/17 season I think.

The final whistle on Sunday. Thankfully we won the league in the final minutes but really should have had it won weeks ago.

Enjoyed some awaydays and occasional performance but in the main its been pretty turgid watching.

onwards and upwards.

Are you John Anderson? ???

onwards and upwards.

No team has amassed 94 points and not won the league, so there is no way it should have been won weeks ago, bad form happens over a season.

Norwich at home felt pivotal so if I had to go for one i'd probably go with that.

Some lesser mentioned things that have been high points:

The majority of people whinging when we signed Ciaran Clark - me included - then him turning into Paolo Maldini  :lol:

The bitterness of other "big clubs" in the league whinging about parachute payments and how much we've spent despite our players sales and not actually receiving payments.

"Mitro's on fire" blasting out from our away fans. Special mention to the same song at home after the game and Mitro absolute loving it. Shame that song didn't get more of an outing due to him not exactly being on fire  :lol:

The forum bricking it earlier in the season "insert winger" is going to tear Dummet apart" Dummet cancelling out every winger in the league  :coolsmiley:

Rafa shaking everyone's hand after Preston and the crowd loving his mini lap around the pitch.

Gallowgate flags and everyone who has tried to build and maintain an atmosphere into this season. Top work.

David Prutton predictions having us around mid-table. Prutton  :lol:

Diame's world class Ameobi finish v Brighton.

onwards and upwards.

Are you John Anderson? ???

Nau. Av cars not. Fuk dat shoite.

Before Sunday it was Diame v Brighton. Sunday will take some beating, I don't know if you had to be there to appreciate it but it was an immense day. I doubt it could have been scripted better and for me it summed up the rollercoaster that our club is. I don't think I'll ever forget how it went and don't know if I'll go through that again. I wasn't even that bothered about winning the league until the rumours started as promotion was all that mattered to me until then.

Norwich (h) celebrations. They seemed so much more wild because there were so many people out of their seats. Concourses absolutely packed with people. "Scenes"

This has now changed to Sunday, but only just.

I agree with what a previous poster said about the 'roar'. Normally it's the whole ground at once, instant noise, but on Sunday it was this strange crescendo that seemed to get louder and louder. Was awesome to be part of it!

Norwich (h) celebrations. They seemed so much more wild because there were so many people out of their seats. Concourses absolutely packed with people. "Scenes"

This has now changed to Sunday, but only just.

I agree with what a previous poster said about the 'roar'. Normally it's the whole ground at once, instant noise, but on Sunday it was this strange crescendo that seemed to get louder and louder. Was awesome to be part of it!

The noise was deafening when the whole ground realised Villa had scored. I remember looking at the bairn and he was just stood there with his hands over his ears and a bemused look on his face.