Pre-Season 2018/19: Newcastle United 0 - 1 FC Augsburg (FT)

ponsaelius

Probably just what we needed tbh, Porto should have put 3 or 4 past us as well. We need some quality in.

Again I've not seen the games but we've not weakened ourselves overall really so I fail to see how we're suddenly so bad other than it's pre season.

Is there any small chance that the players know Rafa has already given up so they have too?

I'd say so. Rafa looked sick as a c*** the other night at Porto. I have no idea what he's still doing here. When he came we were all like "if Rafa is still here it means things are been done right as he won't be messed about". Turns out he's been messed about and shit on more than any of the others!

We really looked like a carbon copy of last season at times which is because we have the same fucking players. It's only pre season granted, but that was shite.

It's the 'every last penny the club generates' thing that gets me the most. Pure shameless lies.

Mitro £22m

Merino £10m

Mbemba £5m

Sels £4m

Shar £3.5m

Dubravka £4m

Muto £9.5m

£24m difference. £29m if you include the final Mitro fee. That's not to mention TV money and what not.

We should have at the very least £50m to play with imo. I just can't believe the media doesn't pick up on it and he gets such an easy ride.  :rant:

Wing play wasn't that bad. I don't think we will suffer there. Its our hollow centre. Barely worth playing anyone upfront or just behind they are useless and marked out of the game. We don't have anyone that can create something out of nothing there or boss centre halves. CM is suspect but not our weakest area. Wingbacks are a worry and we need another CB to cover lejeunes absence.

All in all nothing has changed we need 4 cable players and 4 difference makers. ST, AM, CB and Full back. I think we will pick up two out of the four we need.

Some need to chill out a bit like.  I don't think the players have downed tools yet, see what the crack is against Spurs rather than a pre-season friendly.

#wait

:thup:

(even Spurs is too early to judge properly, tbh)

I’d agree with that at any other club. However, we can see what’s happening quite clearly.

Some need to chill out a bit like.  I don't think the players have downed tools yet, see what the crack is against Spurs rather than a pre-season friendly.

#wait

:thup:

(even Spurs is too early to judge properly, tbh)

I’d agree with that at any other club. However, we can see what’s happening quite clearly.

Idk, last season we were pretty poor up until the new year. I won't be writing anyone off or making any conclusive judgements after the Spurs game, despite the fact we've obviously got a tough season ahead and will be riding our luck as we did last.

Presumably the players knew what Benitez was going to say and there was an agreement that message needed to be heard loud and clear.

I agree with that, and also Rafa possibly wanting to protect the players from sanction by the cunts, so he is going to deliver the message himself, rather than putting the players in the position where they feel they have to back him up and then end up getting sanctioned over it.