Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

Re Abraham, just watched that video.

There's nothing spectacular about the goals, but now and then there are glimpses of a decent touch on the ball. He and Gayle could work well together.

Rafa only ever plays one striker so how will this work?

There's nothing spectacular about the goals, but now and then there are glimpses of a decent touch on the ball. He and Gayle could work well together.

Sqwad

I just went through his 23 goals at Bristol City and i must say that we have to aim higher than this. 95% of the goals were fluke/tap ins/ penalty. Not a single goal were he beat his man or any glimphes of any special skills. We need a mobile forward with pace who can outmuscle the defenders. Someone like Loic Remy when he was here a couple seasons ago.

FFS!

He scored those "flukes / tap ins" because he knows where to be in and around the box! His goals kept them up!

He looked a very good player whenever I seen him last season and on loan is a compete no-brainer!

I couldn't give a shit about loans from the same league as some of the big guns have even used them lately!

That's the thing. As much as I'd like us to build for the future using players under contract to us, even Liverpool (Moses) have used loans to fill gaps in their squad. No harm in one or two.

Guest reefatoon

If he's s**** he'll be labelled Shola mkII (Diame won't count any more) and be hounded out double quick so there's not too much for worry.

Yet another hounding out comment. You really are flogging that to death now like. Pretty much every other post is the same gag.

There's always the possibility that we might sign him on a permanent in 12 months time... and they sign him back in 3 years time, when he's a 30 goal striker.

He won't be our only striker signing IMO, and to that end, we will have kept our powder relatively dry with two players coming in.

would be pleased with this, hopefully gayle, abraham and mitro for the season leaving us some cash to spaff on a good #10 to provide the chances

Mitro gone and someone like Gray would be my guess.

26 goals in your first season in professional football, at Championship level too, and for a poor team - that's pretty outstanding really. The lad's cleatly got something; at the very least massive potential.

Nah he fits the remit,,a cheap option.

You can see this a mile off, cheap buys, loans, a couple of French guys,like ive earlier stated the aim is to survive and Rafa will play and build a team to survive , he looks ok and could be anything, he also could be shite.

If Rafa has 70 million to spend it wont go far these days so this is the start of some underwhelming signings on paper,,its Rafas job to make them work.

Weren't you fucking off until July?

mitro or a mitro type (not murphy) then, i'm not stuck on the idea of mitro like but we need a different type of striker in the squad surely

A Mitro type is the opposite to a Rafa type, tbh.

mitro or a mitro type (not murphy) then, i'm not stuck on the idea of mitro like but we need a different type of striker in the squad surely

A Mitro type is the opposite to a Rafa type, tbh.

to some degree i guess yeah, he signed murphy for a reason but i guess having him and mitro was maybe championship specific

Could be an issue, but he has played Perez in a more withdrawn role with a striker. I think that both Abraham and Gayle could be okay with playing in a deeper role, or perhaps alternate in the way that Yorke and Cole did.

Abraham looks very promising, and it's a chance that I think we should take.

Some of the posts in this thread are totally rancid and similar to what was posted about Murphy when we signed him last season as part of our squad (a concept that people still seem to be struggling with).

Funny that Murphy scored some very important goals for us, which contributed to us winning the league and being promoted. Who would we have played when Gayle and Mitro were both injured?

If we can bring in Abraham on loan as part of our squad and save spending £5m on a backup striker, then so be it. That money can be used to areas of the team that are more concerning.

Some of the posts in this thread are totally rancid and similar to what was posted about Murphy when we signed him last season as part of our squad (a concept that people still seem to be struggling with).

Funny that Murphy scored some very important goals for us, which contributed to us winning the league and being promoted. Who would we have played when Gayle and Mitro were both injured?

If we can bring in Abraham on loan as part of our squad and save spending £5m on a backup striker, then so be it. That money can be used to areas of the team that are more concerning.

Rancid because their opinion differs to yours?

I think most people are naturally aphrenesive that we are bringing in a 19 year old untested (in the premier league) striker on loan on the back of the fact we've promised Chelsea lots of game time.

He may end up being a world beater and bang in 30, it just seems a strange one at this stage of the window with apparently 100m in the bank.

anybody who scores goals would be a good upgrade on Mitro.

Pretty much, tho I still think there is a good player in Mitro, I just don't know if rafa can be arsed to develop him.

anybody who scores goals would be a good upgrade on Mitro.

Pretty much, tho I still think there is a good player in Mitro, I just don't know if rafa can be arsed to develop him.

just dont think hes got a strikers instinct, too many chances hes proven he hasnt.