Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

He may end up being a world beater and bang in 30, it just seems a strange one at this stage of the window with apparently 100m in the bank.

no it doesn't

It doesn't seem strange that we need a 20 goals a season striker and we are bringing in a player who's played one season in the championship on loan with no option to buy?

As I say it could be deal of the season, but to say it's rancid to be slightly apprehensive seems abit out of touch with reality.

Really don't understand people crabbing him for scoring "tap ins" or "Championship standard goals." :lol:

Aye, most of a strikers goals are tap ins. :lol: Go through Kane's goals and large majority of goals he scores are exactly that.

Also I don't understand the "I don't like loans"  crowd tbh, it's a rule in place so why not exploit it?  Not taking advantage of a rule in sport is pretty fucking dumb imo.

With limited funds at his disposal, Benítez is considering Willy Caballero as a cheaper alternative. Caballero will leave Manchester City on a free transfer at the end of this month.

wat

Wonder if Gayle might be sacrificed. Could see a leading Championship club paying around £15-16m for him, if we've got Abraham, I reckon Benitez would look at that and think he could do something with it.

that would be incredibly ambitious imo

Guest neesy111

Wonder if Gayle might be sacrificed. Could see a leading Championship club paying around £15-16m for him, if we've got Abraham, I reckon Benitez would look at that and think he could do something with it.

How about getting rid of your favourite player first.

It would be absolutely insane to sell Gayle.

Some of the posts in this thread are totally rancid and similar to what was posted about Murphy when we signed him last season as part of our squad (a concept that people still seem to be struggling with).

Funny that Murphy scored some very important goals for us, which contributed to us winning the league and being promoted. Who would we have played when Gayle and Mitro were both injured?

If we can bring in Abraham on loan as part of our squad and save spending £5m on a backup striker, then so be it. That money can be used to areas of the team that are more concerning.

Rancid because their opinion differs to yours?

I think most people are naturally aphrenesive that we are bringing in a 19 year old untested (in the premier league) striker on loan on the back of the fact we've promised Chelsea lots of game time.

He may end up being a world beater and bang in 30, it just seems a strange one at this stage of the window with apparently 100m in the bank.

No, rancid because the points being made about all of his TWENTY THREE goals being tap-ins for a side battling relegation for most of the season are totally and utterly wrong.

Yes, £100m is available but with that we need to buy quite a few first team players. Abraham is coming in as a squad player, which we need. He will cost us next to nothing and plug a gap we need to plug. We can then spend a substantial amount of money on first team players rather than spending loads of money on backup options.

Of course everyone can be apprehensive about whether or not he is good enough fo PL. But my word, he's on loan. That's the whole point, we can assess his talents and if he's gash then we can bring someone better in during January and send him back to Chelsea. Bringing him in now is also excellent as it gives Rafa the whole of pre-season to look at him and again, we coukd go in for another backup striker if there are any concerns. Although I trust Rafa's judgement much more than some idiot watching the highlights of his goals last season and defining them as 'tapins'.

Promising Chelsea 'lots of game time' could be him starting in cup games & being used from the bench. That is a lot more game time then he would get at Chelsea which is why they are happy for him to come.

Some of the posts in this thread are totally rancid and similar to what was posted about Murphy when we signed him last season as part of our squad (a concept that people still seem to be struggling with).

Funny that Murphy scored some very important goals for us, which contributed to us winning the league and being promoted. Who would we have played when Gayle and Mitro were both injured?

If we can bring in Abraham on loan as part of our squad and save spending £5m on a backup striker, then so be it. That money can be used to areas of the team that are more concerning.

Rancid because their opinion differs to yours?

I think most people are naturally aphrenesive that we are bringing in a 19 year old untested (in the premier league) striker on loan on the back of the fact we've promised Chelsea lots of game time.

No, rancid because the points being made about all of his TWENTY THREE goals being tap-ins for a side battling relegation for most of the season are totally and utterly wrong.

Yes, £100m is available but with that we need to buy quite a few first team players. Abraham is coming in as a squad player, which we need. He will cost us next to nothing and plug a gap we need to plug. We can then spend a substantial amount of money on first team players rather than spending loads of money on backup options.

Of course everyone can be apprehensive about whether or not he is good enough fo PL. But my word, he's on loan. That's the whole point, we can assess his talents and if he's gash then we can bring someone better in during January and send him back to Chelsea. Bringing him in now is also excellent as it gives Rafa the whole of pre-season to look at him and again, we coukd go in for another backup striker if there are any concerns. Although I trust Rafa's judgement much more than some idiot watching the highlights of his goals last season and defining them as 'tapins'.

Promising Chelsea 'lots of game time' could be him starting in cup games & being used from the bench. That is a lot more game time then he would get at Chelsea which is why they are happy for him to come.

:thup:

Pretty much agree with this - I've said previously we need seven starters, and that didn't include a striker. Therefore, I'm quite happy to loan in a sub striker and keep the cash for filling the glaring holes in the first XI.

Tammy Abraham scores many goals

Many goals has Tammy Abraham

I am one of them, so are you

Let's all praise Rafa

(left arm)

Tammy Abraham scores many goals

Many goals has Tammy Abraham

I am one of them, so are you

Let's all praise Rafa

(left arm, right arm)

etc. etc.

On the overall squad thing.. don't expect every position in the team to be improved at once.

Rome wasn't built in a day..

Rafa has a long term project just starting.. which he will build from the back, not the front.

Anyone brought in on loan will be to give Gayle competition for his place.

This summers budget will be spent at the back and some of the midfield.

Next year he'll transform the attack, imho

On the overall squad thing.. don't expect every position in the team to be improved at once.

Rome wasn't built in a day..

Rafa has a long term project just starting.. which he will build from the back, not the front.

Anyone brought in on loan will be to give Gayle competition for his place.

This summers budget will be spent at the back and some of the midfield.

Next year he'll transform the attack, imho

Probably right. I do believe Gayle can score goals in the PL anyway.

Rafa does things sensibly.. I think he trusts Shelvey so his place is probably safe but he doesn't know how bringing in someone like (say for example Carvalho) would change the way the overall midfield plays.. he may not want a Gayle type player up front next season.

You can speculate how a player will look in a side but until he's actually there it's all guesswork.

And then we've been looking at defenders who seem way more comfortable on the ball.. that will have a knock on effect to the midfield too.

Abrahams on loan is sensible.. I think Rafa will keep Mitro too but he won't start much.

There's nothing stopping us having booth

:snod:

Thankyou.

How are some here seeing this as a bad deal? Abraham clearly has serious talent. Chelsea are set to offer him a long term contract before he moves here on loan. His 23 championship goals are exactly what the lone striker in our system is set up to do. Watch a Gayle highlights reel from last season, plenty of scruffy inside the box type goals.

Also to those turning their nose up at 'loan'. At some point in his career, Abraham is going to want to start week in week out. Will Chelsea ever want to 'risk' playing a young forward week in week out the way Poch did with Kane before he started banging them in? I'm not so sure. Which lends itself to us becoming front runners for his signature should he enjoy his time here.

Personally delighted if we get him in.

He'll never play regularly for Chelsea, so at least we will make a connection with him if he's ever for sale.

I can't really warm to a player who's only on loan but I realise that we need to do things practically this season.

Rafa is the ultimate pragmatist and this is a very pragmatic move.  We may not always agree at face value with all the moves he makes but we should trust him and await the outcome. See Clark et all last summer and the style of play in champo - outcome Champions!

Usually against loans without an agreement to buy BUT considering we need to buy quite a few players it makes sense as that means the budget is not being stretched.

Long term once the team/squad is established then we should not be using loans without an agreement to buy.

I'm the same as a few others on here - it's a good transfer it's just a shame there's no option to buy.

I'm more interested in the wider impact this will have on Mitrovic and whether we'll look for another striker.

26 goals in your first season in professional football, at Championship level too, and for a poor team - that's pretty outstanding really. The lad's cleatly got something; at the very least massive potential.

Nah he fits the remit,,a cheap option.

You can see this a mile off, cheap buys, loans, a couple of French guys,like ive earlier stated the aim is to survive and Rafa will play and build a team to survive , he looks ok and could be anything, he also could be shite.

If Rafa has 70 million to spend it wont go far these days so this is the start of some underwhelming signings on paper,,its Rafas job to make them work.

Weren't you fucking off until July?

just on one thread........is that ok with you, weirdo