Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

:lol: Someone was giving me the "you hounded Pardew out" grief today. That sorta shit used to rile me up but now it's just funny. As if any further justification is required for that campaign.

TBF, if I had to spend every minute of the day with my wife on our wedding anniversary, I would go nuts. Could just be that he was in the area, and popped in for an hour or so, making it more dramatic than it probably is tbh.

Mitro didn't really perform for us in the championship. Would not be at all surprised if Rafa doesn't want to have to rely on him in the prem. Not sure any of us should be comfortable with that tbh.

Let's be honest here, he broke off negotiations with a talented young cf to have an anniversary dinner with his wife.

Priorities.

Yeah I was thinking the missus would have been pleased to have got a look in tbh. Rafa the romantic. Who knew?

Nevertheless a decision has to be made on the basis of Abraham’s development and while the promise is that he will be the lead striker at both clubs it is felt that there will be more opportunity at Brighton.

Hmmm ... surely cannot have been guaranteed that with us.

I could see Brighton offering him the chance to be their number 1 striker though, which would make things very difficult for us.

The article also says he lives in Surrey, and so Brighton won't be too far from him.

Rossi had not banged in a ton of goals over a full season at the next-lower level of English football. Some loans of strikers with English football experience between PL clubs have been very successful. See Sturridge at Bolton, Lukaku at West Brom, and Welbeck at the mackems.

We need so many players that getting a potentially very good striker who can play (for the time being) in Rafa's system for nothing is a clever move. We cannot fill every position we need with Prem-proven starters in one window. The main thing is to get the improvements in (i.e., spend the money) at the positions where we are most lacking.

"Sweety, my long lost nephew is coming for our anniversary lunch, oh by the way he's black and he's bringing his agent."

"No probs, Raffy-laa. Eee doesn't he 'ave the look of Sameobi, love him like; Go 'ed Raffy sign him on he's boss, 'Boss' hahahaha. That nice Chrissy Hugh will be devoed...Again!! Hahahaha."

If we have to loan a striker, why not get an EPL proven one?  Abraham is untested in EPL.  Did anyone still remember Giuseppe Rossi?

yes i do, i also remember having a shit manager who had no idea how to use the players at his disposal properly