Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

That's the thing. As much as I'd like us to build for the future using players under contract to us, even Liverpool (Moses) have used loans to fill gaps in their squad. No harm in one or two.

Yup. It's all about quality being available to us, especially to a manager like Rafa who loves to rotate. Plus, Rafa has enough gravitas about him that should the player be relatively successful during his loan spell, he'll be more likely to make the move permanent than not.

Wonder if Gayle might be sacrificed. Could see a leading Championship club paying around £15-16m for him, if we've got Abraham, I reckon Benitez would look at that and think he could do something with it.

How about getting rid of your favourite player first.

Souness did that 12 years ago the cunt.

Really though, if I thought we'd get a big fee for him now, I would.

Strengthening our squad with a low cost pacey youngster, while leaving extra funds available to strengthen elsewhere? No brainer for me, saw this season how exposed we are when Gayle is missing.

I just went through his 23 goals at Bristol City and i must say that we have to aim higher than this. 95% of the goals were fluke/tap ins/ penalty. Not a single goal were he beat his man or any glimphes of any special skills. We need a mobile forward with pace who can outmuscle the defenders. Someone like Loic Remy when he was here a couple seasons ago.

FFS!

He scored those "flukes / tap ins" because he knows where to be in and around the box! His goals kept them up!

He looked a very good player whenever I seen him last season and on loan is a compete no-brainer!

I couldn't give a shit about loans from the same league as some of the big guns have even used them lately!

You would have thought after watching Mitro people would have learned to appreciate that scoring tap ins is an art in itself. He's a striker, he scores goals. Hallelujah.

Players that scored 20+ league goals last season: Kane (29), Lukaku (25), Sanchez (24), Costa (20), Aguero (20). Also consider the teams they play for.

Think people are being just a tiny little bit unrealistic if they expect us to get one immediately after being promoted.

For fucks sake.

Players that scored 20+ league goals last season: Kane (29), Lukaku (25), Sanchez (24), Costa (20), Aguero (20). Also consider the teams they play for.

Think people are being just a tiny little bit unrealistic if they expect us to get one immediately after being promoted.

For f***s sake.

Bang on - some reactions are utterly mental!

With Gayles injury proneness this makes sense, he'll definitely get game time if hes good enough. I believe him or Gayle will score goals for us but obviously an experienced goalscorer have been ideal.

I just went through his 23 goals at Bristol City and i must say that we have to aim higher than this. 95% of the goals were fluke/tap ins/ penalty. Not a single goal were he beat his man or any glimphes of any special skills. We need a mobile forward with pace who can outmuscle the defenders. Someone like Loic Remy when he was here a couple seasons ago.

FFS!

He scored those "flukes / tap ins" because he knows where to be in and around the box! His goals kept them up!

He looked a very good player whenever I seen him last season and on loan is a compete no-brainer!

I couldn't give a s*** about loans from the same league as some of the big guns have even used them lately!

I know tap ins are aa good attribute to have as aa striker. The best example is Filippo inzaghi.

I was trying to say why we need a mobile striker who can beat his man and create something out of nothing is because we will certanly struggle in our first season back. Abraham wont do us any good based on the 4 min highlight goals i saw. I hope im wrong.

Doesn't Rafa prefer Ayoze as a #10 or wide striker and last resort CF if everyone is hurt? We're so early in this window that isn't even open yet he could well be looking for a main man with more experience too.

can abraham play a wide attacking role if needed out of interest or is he purely a striker?

Yes, used to play from the right of three often in the Chelsea youth side.

might be in his thinking, sturridge does a lot of damage from that type of position as well