Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

That ball to Gayle in the first half was lush as well like. He looks comfortable on the ball as well, I like the look of him.

Hold on, if this guy is good on the ball am I allowed to like him? Or should I wait until he proves he can get sent off for elbowing someone etc?

Don't think you're allowed to say you like him unless you enjoy being berated by Ronaldo.

Hold on, if this guy is good on the ball am I allowed to like him? Or should I wait until he proves he can get sent off for elbowing someone etc?

Don't think you're allowed to say you like him unless you enjoy being berated by Ronaldo.

i'd wait until ronaldo makes a judgement on his manliness before choosing a horse in this race lads

Your problem is that you think centre halves who are bad at defending but good on the ball are good defenders i.e. John Stones

Your problem is that you think centre halves who are bad at defending but good on the ball are good defenders i.e. John Stones

Not sure, I just know that all defenders make mistakes and I think people are much harsher on the ones who try to play a bit.

There seems to be a theme that people expect defenders to be good ball players / gopd gping foreward as a priority. Don't get it me like. It's worse with wide defenders, granted.

It's because I am, and I presume others are, sick of defenders who hoof it as soon as any trouble which often leads to us being very susceptable to sustained pressure and unable to break on the counter. Now obviously you want good defenders who can time a tackle, anticipate, good in the air with high priority, but a modern defence without a technically gifted (if not cruyff levels or anything) defender is asking for trouble now. We've missed an in form Colo for ages because he was one of our better players on the ball on his day. We can expect to need to play on the counter a fair bit this season and for that we need someone who can pass out of trouble at the back.

It's because I am, and I presume others are, sick of defenders who hoof it as soon as any trouble which often leads to us being very susceptable to sustained pressure and unable to break on the counter. Now obviously you want good defenders who can time a tackle, anticipate, good in the air with high priority, but a modern defence without a technically gifted (if not cruyff levels or anything) defender is asking for trouble now. We've missed an in form Colo for ages because he was one of our better players on the ball on his day. We can expect to need to play on the counter a fair bit this season and for that we need someone who can pass out of trouble at the back.

Spot on.

Spot on.

i said when i saw the highlights reel for lejeune he could make a massive difference to the way we play for exactly these reasons; not only does he have the ability to control the ball and pick a pass but him being able to spray 70 yard balls to feet could be massive for us because firstly it means the likes of gayle/murphy/atsu/aarons whoever with pace can be looking for space when he has the ball, but secondly it means that we won't need shelvey to drop so deep all the time looking for the ball because nobody else can play it out with any confidence (sounds like merino will also be useful here)

assuming he's not a comically shit defender he could be a very, very big signing for us imo