Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Took one or two unnecessary risks that put us in a spot of bother but aside from that, it makes a huge difference having a CB that's comfortable on the ball, willing to move into space and able to pick a decent pass instead of just standing still and whacking it to and from the other defenders.

He was really good, just needs to learn when to knock it dead or back to the keeper. It's great to have a CB who can play his way out of trouble but you can't be doing that every single time.

I think he's classy as fuck. For someone as slow as him you've got to read the game very well or get embarrassed each week.

He's still growing each game here, but have so much faith in him getting better and better.

Guest alijmitchell

Man's just been part of a centre back pairing that's posted a clean sheet, which is no mean feat in the premier league, and he's a liability?

Took one or two unnecessary risks that put us in a spot of bother but aside from that, it makes a huge difference having a CB that's comfortable on the ball, willing to move into space and able to pick a decent pass instead of just standing still and whacking it to and from the other defenders.

:thup:

Involved in the build up for a lot of our best openings today, including winning the initial header for the move that led to the goal (I think!)

He’s coming along nicely.

He was worse with the ball at his feet than Dummett yesterday, amazing how people’s own agendas of players cloud their view of each game

No he wasn't.

Not unless you just want a team of safe merchants that only play the ball to the safe options, more often than not sideways and backwards.

He gave the ball away a couple of times but against a team like Huddersfield that have set up like they have it's such a big benefit to the team to have someone with the passing ability of this lad as one of the central defenders. Even if some of his passes were a little too difficult and gave it away once or twice.

Guest neesy111

He was worse with the ball at his feet than Dummett yesterday, amazing how people’s own agendas of players cloud their view of each game

:dowie:

:lol: I wasn't at the match yesterday, so I cant give a full opinion on his performance but judging by the highlights Lejuene, at least, played 2 quality balls into Gayles feet and from what I have seen of him in other games, distribution certainly isn't an issue with him.

The highlights did show Lascelles making two errors yesterday, which would have made a better point about people having agendas.

Edit: I see 3 other people beat me to your post.

No he wasn't.

Not unless you just want a team of safe merchants that only play the ball to the safe options, more often than not sideways and backwards.

He gave the ball away a couple of times but against a team like Huddersfield that have set up like they have it's such a big benefit to the team to have someone with the passing ability of this lad as one of the central defenders. Even if some of his passes were a little too difficult and gave it away once or twice.

:thup:

To be fair me and mate I was at the game with disagreed on him, I thought he made a few errors but was largely solid and really helped get the ball forward, mate thought he gave it away too many times.

The thing with Lejeune is that he takes risks in playing the ball forward and people will have different opinions on his performance based on that. He looks to play passes with pace between the lines and into the forward's feet and they aren't going to come off every time. He's more than capable of playing the simple pass every time to Lascelles or the fullback and coming off the pitch with 95% pass completion, but personally I'd much rather he tries to play a probing pass into the attacking third or a cross field pass to the opposite fullback.

At this point in the season , although everybody is entitled to an opinion  , we shouldn't really be bitching about the shortcomings of certain players . Yes ,  earlier in the campaign most of us were feeling the frustration of the monumental struggle Rafa had to mould these players together , with all their shortcomings and limitations . But he has them bonded together , giving their all to try to deliver his vision of how he wants this club to develop .