Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Guest neesy111

Is he managed by the same agency we always do our dodgy favours for? If not I'm happy :lol:

Ofcourse not, Graham Carr isn't employed by the club now.

Nothing is guaranteed when a player goes into a new league, but if this guy was a pivotal player in the quite amazing season that Eibar had then a fee of 10M euros in today's market looks like a very good piece of business.

spraying shelvey hollywood balls for fun in that video, the more you think about it the more it looks a good move to get a CB who can do that as it should allow shelvey to play higher up the pitch himself and have his passing range in more attacking areas, instead of having to come so deep for the ball to take it off defenders who are terrible with it

will potentially add a new dimension to how we play that

Nothing is guaranteed when a player goes into a new league, but if this guy was a pivotal player in the quite amazing season that Eibar had then a fee of 10M euros in today's market looks like a very good piece of business.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Good signing, want him and Clark to lead the line going into the season.

Absolutely ridiculous the price we've paid for him compared to Keane for example.

"I'm very happy to have signed. Newcastle United is a big club, and I'm very happy to be here," said Lejeune.

"When you have a manager like Rafa Benitez who wants you, you are very happy to come. Since I've been in touch with the manager, it was an easy decision for me to come here."

Benitez added: "I would like to welcome Florian to Newcastle United. He is a player that has done very well this year in Spain. I have known about him for a while, since he began playing for Villarreal.

"He has progressed a lot as a player in the last few years and I know he will give us something different at the back - he is good with both feet, he's big and he's good in the air also.

"If he settles well into English football then I am sure he will be a success and will give us a lot of competition in this area."

He does look an all-rounder from the clips. Big unit but can also intercept, move and pass. Obviously the game will be moving 50% faster than he's used to, so big challenge for him. Hopefully the first of two or three signings this week.