Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

"I am Lejeune" :lol: Wish football clubs would fuck off with this goofy shit.

I like a bit of humour like that, its the Whatsapp shit that is well shit :lol:

Tbh our social media team is pretty much spot on tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Hope we don't sign Darren Bent hahahahahahaha

Should have completed this last month if they are going to pull this shit.

FUCK OFF CHARNLEY.

Can't help thinking these stats are like goalkeepers in s*** teams being lauded for making loads of saves.

Still, nice to see. :D

The next 6 players below him are from the Top 3 teams.....

That's kinda the point I was making.

Of course his stats on how many times he's twatted it away from goal are better than players at teams that don't concede so many chances.

But then players from other poor teams should be below him in that list instead of players from teams at the top - that stat highlights how much better he was than other defenders outside the absolute elite.

Can't help thinking these stats are like goalkeepers in s*** teams being lauded for making loads of saves.

Still, nice to see. :D

The next 6 players below him are from the Top 3 teams.....

That's kinda the point I was making.

Of course his stats on how many times he's twatted it away from goal are better than players at teams that don't concede so many chances.

But then players from other poor teams should be below him in that list instead of players from teams at the top - that stat highlights how much better he was than other defenders outside the absolute elite.

Give me the amount of times he was presented with an opportunity to intercept, and the percentage he made it happen. Then lets see if the players from better teams had a worse/better ratio...

Nah, I don't really care, I'm glad he's here. Just have a problem with these stats being thrown around.

See below.

None of the usual stat sites support that interceptions stat.

The stat is very misleading, it has just cherry picked the best defenders in the league and compared with Lejeune.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=2&season=20160&category=CONTROL&pos=0&team=0&sort=5&sortOrder=0

There's a few more who have more than him.

Using a football on the first day of pre-season :lol: Don't these knobs know you shouldn't touch a football until at least ten days in?

I still liked McClaren's response when asked about that, ’Well you play football with a ball‘ :lol:

Yep the general sentiment when we signed Hanley was that he would push out Mbemba from the starting team, in the end it was Clark who did that and Hanley was 4th choice. Rafa will soon work out who his best pairing is.

I think Lascelles, Mbemba, Clark and Lejeune is a decent quartet of CB's to be going into the season with (expecting Hanley to leave).

Providing none of them leave, I think we're fairly set in this area. I expect the four of them to be rotated fairly regularly, but Clark and one other will be the main starters and I'd be surprised if we've bought Lejeune to do anything other than start with Clark.

Never seen him play and know absolutely nothing about him mind.