Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Thought he was excellent. Strong and accomplished, a quality defender.

Going to dismiss the penalty incident as just one of those things which happen. Would have been great if he'd redeemed himself with the header as he met it and directed it excellently.

Thought he was excellent. Strong and accomplished, a quality defender.

Going to dismiss the penalty incident as just one of those things which happen. Would have been great if he'd redeemed himself with the header as he met it and directed it excellently.

Agree with that. Despite the mistake, he had a good game, especially considering it was his first game back. You could even argue it was more like a debut than the Spurs game, given how early he went off.

Didn't expect him to see out the full 90, mind. I thought for how long he'd been out Clark would have replaced him before the peno mistake.

I thought he was excellent other than the obvious error. Felt for him a bit afterwards as he looked pretty distraught. That bit of play right at the end, when he played the ball out to the left and then made a run into the box for the cross but couldn't quite get on the end of it, was great. You could see he was determined to make up for his error, so I think his attitude looks good and I don't think it will affect him for the next game.

Guest firetotheworks

He was good but Manquillo nearly made him look shit by leaving him to clear up one-on-one with Townsend and plenty of space in behind. Not at all the sort of position you can imagine him wanting to be in as he seems fairly slow.

He was good but Manquillo nearly made him look s*** by leaving him to clear up one-on-one with Townsend and plenty of space in behind. Not at all the sort of position you can imagine him wanting to be in as he seems fairly slow.

Aye, it's been said but i'd love to see this back 4 with a Yedlin equivalent on the left side. But anyway like i say i feel very comfortably with the current CBs.

Can't remember the last time i felt that way.

Love when he pings a few diagonals out to Yedlin.

He failed with more than he succeeded with, but one in particular was outstanding.

He did really well today, especially as he was on a yellow from quite early on.

He failed with more than he succeeded with, but one in particular was outstanding.

Yep, says a lot about his mentality. To stay calm and composed as to not give away a second foul whilst still being strong defensively. Good player and will only get better over the next few month if played.

Love when he pings a few diagonals out to Yedlin.

100% :thup:

But in comparison, Willo used to be facing a different direct to his own legs, whilst simultaneously taking a wedge out the turf, to evacuate said handgranade.

So it makes a nice change, even if it's only successful half the time for Lejeune :lol:

• 2 weeks later...