Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

I think it's pretty clear him and Clark are our best centre backs. However our best partnership (at least at present) is Lascelles and Clark, partially because of Lascelles' determined attitude and leadership, but perhaps also due to the fact they create a balanced right footed/left footed pairing.

What are peoples thoughts on having two left footed players at centre back? Doesn't matter? Takes some getting used to?

I see Clark and Lejeune as both ball playing defenders, so I wonder who would play on the wrong side...

I think it's pretty clear him and Clark are our best centre backs. However our best partnership (at least at present) is Lascelles and Clark, partially because of Lascelles' determined attitude and leadership, but perhaps also due to the fact they create a balanced right footed/left footed pairing.

What are peoples thoughts on having two left footed players at centre back? Doesn't matter? Takes some getting used to?

I see Clark and Lejeune as both ball playing defenders, so I wonder who would play on the wrong side...

Don't see how that's clear considering he's played about a half an hour for us

Don't see how that's clear considering he's played about a half an hour for us

I think Lascelles is still very raw and has a lot of improving to do. It's perhaps naive of me, but the short amount I have seen Lejeune play, albeit pre-season and a small cameo against Spurs, he looks a fairly assured player and comes quite highly rated.

• 4 weeks later...