Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Worth mentioning that's yet another time he's successfully pressed a defender and directly caused a goal...

Its incredible that Howe has made him a semi decent option to have considering how limited he is. Almiron should be out of the door and Murphy should be back up to our new RW

Like I’ve said in another post, I don’t think we need to sign a major RW especially if Mineth comes back, with Murphy, Minteh & Gordon we have enough there. It’s primarily a LW I’d be signing. 

3 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Like I’ve said in another post, I don’t think we need to sign a major RW especially if Mineth comes back, with Murphy, Minteh & Gordon we have enough there. It’s primarily a LW I’d be signing. 

Easy on the crack pipe

Don't be fooled, Murphy isn't good enough long term.

We need a team of quality players, who all believe they have it in them to win a game on their own.

On too many occasions a Longstaff, a Murphy, or even a Krafth at the back, will not play at a high enough level during the crunch games.

I like Murphy, he's a good lad and a decent player, but christ he need pushing down the ladder. He's ahead of Miggy mind.

49 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't be fooled, Murphy isn't good enough long term.

We need a team of quality players, who all believe they have it in them to win a game on their own.

On too many occasions a Longstaff, a Murphy, or even a Krafth at the back, will not play at a high enough level during the crunch games.

I like Murphy, he's a good lad and a decent player, but christ he need pushing down the ladder. He's ahead of Miggy mind.

I agree and disagree, I do see him still having a role over the next 2/3 years. But strictly as an impact sub or as part of a clearly designed game plan e.g. against someone like City where we plan to ceed a lot of the ball bit be really rapid on the break 

Unless we got a really, really good offer, I wouldn't entertain selling him. He'll be a steady contributor regardless of where we're challenging, imo. If we were relying on him we'd be in trouble, because he's not good enough to take games by the scruff of the neck, but he's a dependable option. He's good for the odd goal and assist, and he's got the pace and energy to maintain our press.

That mad record we've got with him when starting can't be a total coincidence; he's clearly an important member of the squad and we missed him a lot when he was absent for that spell.

1 hour ago, timnufc22 said:

Gordon belongs on the left wing, dont want to see him anywhere else next season. 

Murphy is a good squad player, but not a first choice for a team that want to challenge the top 4. 

LW is probably our most covered position..