Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Seems Josh Murphy was the one to watch during their younger days. He made 9 appearances with Norwich in the Premiership 2013-2014 season whilst wor Jacob was on loan with Southend and Swindon. Hope Josh stagnated and we got the right Murphy twin  :angel:

If they've come through the age groups together, it meet be a tricky to prevent any impact on their 'sibling rivalry' now Jacob's been headhunted for the big league. Hopefully he'll be successful enough here to give his brother something he could be jealous about, but their relationship is strong enough for it not to make a difference. (Can't help picturing them as two toddlers in toon tops!  :lol:)

Just hope the lad is strong enough for the PL. Looks quite lightweight from the bits I've seen of him and fear he'll be bullied off the ball.

On his highlights there are quite a few goals where he shoulders past defenders, takes the ball on the half-turn and rolls then etc.

Bigger challenge coming up of course.

Just hope the lad is strong enough for the PL. Looks quite lightweight from the bits I've seen of him and fear he'll be bullied off the ball.

I thought the general view was that The Championship was more physical? Genuinely don't know...

Guest neesy111

I thought the general view was that The Championship was more physical? Genuinely don't know...

It's not, another myth about the championship to go along with it being toughest league to get out of etc.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not, another myth about the championship to go along with it being toughest league to get out of etc.

:thup:

Although I'd agree that it's tougher in the sense that Refs are shitter and therefore on occasion let more things slide that should be free kicks, but the opposite is true too.

His coventry highlights show him on the left a lot and he looked very good attacking from that position. Linked up quite sensationally with Armstrong a number of times.

Nice to have the flexibility to change it up between himself, Ritchie and Atsu who all offer something different but can all operate on both sides. Obviously they're not the best 3 wingers but with them plus, hopefully, Aarons that's not the worst quartet in the world.

Guest firetotheworks

It's a bit of a presumption, but I feel like we have a lot of players of similar quality fighting for places rather than better players with worse players as back up. Of course I'd much prefer to have better players, but if Rafa's going more for an even spread to promote competition and so that back ups fit in without a big drop in quality, then I'm all for it. With that in mind, we now desperately need a striker, a central midfielder and a number 10, because behind our starters for those positions it's Mitrovic, Colback, and a battle between Diame/Perez/De Jong.

It's a bit of a presumption, but I feel like we have a lot of players of similar quality fighting for places rather than better players with worse players as back up. Of course I'd much prefer to have better players, but if Rafa's going more for an even spread to promote competition and so that back ups fit in without a big drop in quality, then I'm all for it. With that in mind, we now desperately need a striker, a central midfielder and a number 10, because behind our starters for those positions it's Mitrovic, Colback, and a battle between Diame/Perez/De Jong.

Fair, I actually like the approach. Snag is we have so many 'unproven in the PL' players, but a lot who could do well. Rafa being the magic ingredient that gives it a chance of working.

If we could add, say, two genuine quality players then I would be totally happy.