Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Hope he's good ?

When you are paying £12m in this day and age, hope has to be a big part of it. I'm glad it's Rafa taking the punt though, his judgement should be better than most.

I wouldn't doubt Rafa's judgement and certainly not his ability to manage or coach, but in fairness it was mostly his decision to go for Sels, Lazaar and Gamez.

Sels was a Carr recommendation - read it just recently, I think in Rafa's Way, FWIW.

Don't want to put a dampener on spirits, but agreeing the fee is the first of many hurdles we need to overcome :lol: any other club and it would be done and dusted pretty soon.

The kid is desperate to come and his wages won't be a problem. Unless he fails his medical, it's done.

Here's why I think a left-back is critical regardless of who the left-winger we signed was by the way. He's going to be doubled up on a lot if we don't have an outlet to get forward and support him. Shame Haidara's been fucked over by injuries that Lazaar hasn't worked out because we could do with someone comfortable on the ball.

Here's why I think a left-back is critical regardless of who the left-winger we signed was by the way. He's going to be doubled up on a lot if we don't have an outlet to get forward and support him. Shame Haidara's been f***ed over by injuries that Lazaar hasn't worked out because we could do with someone comfortable on the ball.

:thup:

Said it a hundred times before, a new LB that can at least handle a ball decently would give us much better balance and also improve our right hand side, and team in general.

Here's why I think a left-back is critical regardless of who the left-winger we signed was by the way. He's going to be doubled up on a lot if we don't have an outlet to get forward and support him. Shame Haidara's been f***ed over by injuries that Lazaar hasn't worked out because we could do with someone comfortable on the ball.

:thup:

Said it a hundred times before, a new LB that can at least handle a ball decently would give us much better balance and also improve our right hand side, and team in general.

If Murphy comes in on the left side there's no way you double him and leave Ritchie or Atsu on the right flank then. This signing provides balance on the opposite flank to our over usage on the right. The issue in the past is we had no real threat on the left and we also had a fullback who didn't do much when attacking.

He looks a big lad too, which will be a massive help to him in the premiership.

He's 5'9 :lol:

Didn't say tall, smart arse.

He wasn't knocked off the ball very easy when I did some Dennis Wising.

He looks a big lad too, which will be a massive help to him in the premiership.

He's 5'9 :lol:

Didn't say tall, smart arse.

He wasn't knocked off the ball very easy when I did some Dennis Wising.

I'm sure he's strong but "a big lad"? Come on.

Maybe I'm being greedy but think we need to get cracking on the other areas we need now. Hopefully Rafa has woken the useless feckers up.

I mean it would be our 2nd signing that wasn't here last year, I wouldn't call expecting a lot more being greedy tbh.