Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Had very little of the ball, but often skinned players when he got the chance and he's really direct when he has space to run in to.

Not trying to compare them as players.  But similar to Ben Arfa, in as much as I don't think he is particularly fast off the ball.  But when he is in possession, he has a nice touch, change of direction and acceleration.  So he just glides past players effortlessly at times.

Guest Howaythetoon

Chuffed for the lad and that was some finish. He has talent and has the kind of attributes needed in our team. Again I like him, see lots of potential and thus far he’s developing into a decent player for us. He can be frustrating and shows signs of being weak in certain situations, but he’s young, this is a huge step up and he’s a wide man and isn’t exactly in the team every week. If he works hard, keeps listening to Rafa and takes his chances, he’ll do well for us and we will have in him a very decent player. Happy with him this far basically.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

I do wonder whether his impact might be reduced by starting rather than coming on, but Atsu was so bad last night that you really can't justify playing one over the other.

Really starting to love the guy. Has a way of his own when striding forward with the ball, electric to watch. He also seems to be becoming more authoritative in his own ability to keep the ball and try and fashion something himself. That's the player I saw at Norwich, but now a level above. Very well done to him this season like.

Really starting to love the guy. Has a way of his own when striding forward with the ball, electric to watch. He also seems to be becoming more authoritative in his own ability to keep the ball and try and fashion something himself. That's the player I saw at Norwich, but now a level above. Very well done to him this season like.

Think it was his first attack last night, real quality, drove right into the heart of them and played a really well weighted diagonal ball to someone on the left.

Looks to have really grown in confidence.

I'm hoping against hope that this lad and Kenedy might give us the X factor to keep us up. We can't rely on just Slimani for the goals, we really need more from the other forwards, and Murphy looks like he's got the attributes to hurt teams. A lot to put on the shoulders of a young lad in his first season, but we don't have a lot of choice.

Guest alijmitchell

Should start looking for a way out. It's obvious his performances on the pitch don't matter.

Fuck me - maybe he isn't fully fit, maybe Rafa is thinking tactically, maybe he'd be lucky to get near any other premier league side's starting XI after the start he had. Utter nonsense post.

Alright then, laugh away. But it's clear he'll always be behind Ritchie no matter how they both play.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, Rafa clearly likes him as a player which can be seen with his patience & faith in persevering with him when he was finding his feet. I'm sure Jacob feels absolutely fine with his game time and Rafa will have kept him completely in loop with his plans for him both off the bench and starting matches.

Daint fret sonna :thup: