Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

I think he's going to become a good Premier League winger.

Me too. I quite liked his cameo against Arsenal, although when he tried to dribble/trick his way out from our corner Rafa was clearly not happy as it almost gave Arsenal an opportunity. Further up the pitch aye.

I reckon he's a factor in Ritchie's upturn in form as well. He was pretty much first choice by default then when Murphy came in and did a job it was probably the kick up the arse he needed. Similar to Lascelles being left out at the beginning of the season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye, mind I didn’t like how Murphy was just dropped, not when he started to look confident and that he belonged at this level at least. He’s clearly one for the future though.

• 2 weeks later...

Seemed to be getting his confidence sorted before the weird axing of him completely, and now it's all gone.

Even before he showed some flashes of form he looked like his main issue was confidence. Disappointing he hasn't kicked on more tbh. Just go for it man.

Seemed to be getting his confidence sorted before the weird axing of him completely, and now it's all gone.

Yup. Epitome of a confidence player. Still think he'll get more chances next season and settle fine.

Don't rate him tbh

Madness

Howay mojo, he's played 10 games worth of minutes in his first season in the PL with only a few starts.  Definitely time to make your mind up on him.

He needs more games. When he was in the side earlier on in the season he had some very good moments and contributed to the team.

When he comes off the bench for 10 minutes he looks nervous.

Still think we should sign his brother. See an improvement then if his own words are anything to go by.

Quoting hazy memory of some interview.. "We didn't need to look to see where each other were, we just knew."