Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

He'll be rewarded by being dropped for Ritchie to do nothing.

Aye, he's f***ing clueless that Rafa.

When it comes to Murphy I'd say his handling of him has been pretty bad.

Why? He's not good enough.

He's always dropped when he plays well. That's s**** handling of any player. The way he was just dropped from the squad last January after being our biggest threat was ridiculous. The two times he's had strings of games he's looked good, so instead we play him odd game here, odd game there. Despite others getting plenty of opportunities and doing nothing with them.

Wrong. Literally since I hit reply he has f***ed up twice.

Player making mistake shocker.  Sell them all.

Why would you want to keep hold of players who regularly make mistakes? The bloke is an average skilled, low IQ player.

He'll be rewarded by being dropped for Ritchie to do nothing.

Aye, he's f***ing clueless that Rafa.

When it comes to Murphy I'd say his handling of him has been pretty bad.

Why? He's not good enough.

He's always dropped when he plays well. That's s**** handling of any player. The way he was just dropped from the squad last January after being our biggest threat was ridiculous. The two times he's had strings of games he's looked good, so instead we play him odd game here, odd game there. Despite others getting plenty of opportunities and doing nothing with them.

Wrong. Literally since I hit reply he has f***ed up twice.

Player making mistake shocker.  Sell them all.

Why would you want to keep hold of players who regularly make mistakes? The bloke is an average skilled, low IQ player.

Because he's young and can maybe improve, I'm guessing Rafa saw some potential.

Probably a fair assessment. Rondon had a chance to play him in at 0-1 but shot wide instead. He needs to be more direct, he was back in January when he hit his best form since he signed, getting at the full back and sticking a cross in. It's what he did when we won at Stoke and tonight.

Great run and ball for the goal. Honestly didn’t realise he was on the pitch prior to that.

Almost wished he wasn’t on the pitch after that.

But yeah, only hope the best for him but will be surprised if it happens. Probably  destined to be a a too good for the Championship/not good enough for the Prem player.

Great run and ball for the goal. Honestly didn’t realise he was on the pitch prior to that.

But yeah, only hope the best for him but will be surprised if it happens. Probably  destined to be a a too good for the Championship/not good enough for the Prem player.

Bar Dubravka, Lascelles, Fernandez and Shelvey, we have a squad full of Champo level players, so he won't look out of place here.

Bar Dubravka, Lascelles, Fernandez and Shelvey, we have a squad full of Champo level players, so he won't look out of place here.

Lejeune? Schar? Ki? Rondon? Yedlin? Kenedy?

Aye, some of them we should be looking to upgrade on but to dismiss them as Championship standard players is harsh imo.

Didn't watch the game, but get the impression that he did one very good thing for the goal and then was properly shit at everything else.  Is there any truth to this?

Perez offered more in his cameo than Murphy - a fact I know you'll enjoy. Shame you couldn't have seen it.

Aye, some of them we should be looking to upgrade on but to dismiss them as Championship standard players is harsh imo.

Rondon isn’t ours. And isn’t very good.

Didn't watch the game, but get the impression that he did one very good thing for the goal and then was properly s*** at everything else.  Is there any truth to this?

Perez offered more in his cameo than Murphy - a fact I know you'll enjoy. Shame you couldn't have seen it.

Didn't see it, but not a surprise - using Murphy as a yardstick isn't setting the bar very high.

Schar looks like he has some potential.  Rondon could do a job with a decent 10 behind him.  The others - nah...

Schar looks like he has some potential.  Rondon could do a job with a decent 10 behind him.  The others - nah...

You don't rate Lejeune? He was brilliant last season.

Anyone else reckon Murphy is worth a run of games? I like his direct style, maybe Kenedy/Murphy on the wings with Ritchie as an option off the bench for a few games. Just think Murphy hasn't been given an awful lot of time since joining, yet we he comes in after long stints on the sidelines, he tends to provide us with an assist, or even that goal v City.

Anyone else reckon Murphy is worth a run of games? I like his direct style, maybe Kenedy/Murphy on the wings with Ritchie as an option off the bench for a few games. Just think Murphy hasn't been given an awful lot of time since joining, yet we he comes in after long stints on the sidelines, he tends to provide us with an assist, or even that goal v City.

Yeah but I think he's better utilised away from home; no screaming moaners whenever he loses possession or makes a mistake and his pace on the break. Rafa needs to tell him to be direct and to run at his man, it's where his assists for us have come from. When he's getting down the line his crosses are decent, he has to stop putting his foot on top of the ball and turning in wide areas. It happened in the second half last night and it's frustrating as fuck.

Yeah but I think he's better utilised away from home; no screaming moaners whenever he loses possession or makes a mistake and his pace on the break. Rafa needs to tell him to be direct and to run at his man, it's where his assists for us have come from. When he's getting down the line his crosses are decent, he has to stop putting his foot on top of the ball and turning in wide areas. It happened in the second half last night and it's frustrating as fuck.

Sadly so damn true. That said I don't pay the money to attend games much so who am I to judge the decisions of those that do? Annoys the shit out of me when watching our home games though...

He’s a good player, he’s just very raw and need a bit of guidance and most importantly, experience.

I think his brother benefited from staying at Norwich for a year and getting games with them before moving on. In hindsight we should probably have loaned him back to Norwich, but we did need a player in his position and did spend £14m on him, so it was never going to happen.

Sadly so damn true. That said I don't pay the money to attend games much so who am I to judge the decisions of those that do? Annoys the shit out of me when watching our home games though...

I think it's okay to criticise one those who call themselves 'supporters' yet never offer support to the players on the pitch. :lol: Its been rancid this season. Guess there's one of the reasons for 6 home defeats so far and only 2 away.

Yeah but I think he's better utilised away from home; no screaming moaners whenever he loses possession or makes a mistake and his pace on the break. Rafa needs to tell him to be direct and to run at his man, it's where his assists for us have come from. When he's getting down the line his crosses are decent, he has to stop putting his foot on top of the ball and turning in wide areas. It happened in the second half last night and it's frustrating as f***.

In 1992, a fan threw a pie at Mick Quinn who responded by picking it up and eating it.  If players now are so thin skinned that they aren't able to play without fans refusing to criticise their mistakes, they should probably stop collecting their thousands of pounds a week and find another job.

Not that I am one to bew, but I think fans who are forking out a small fortune to watch are probably entitled to grumble a bit when someone who is paid more in a week than they are in a year trips over the ball.

1992 was 26 years ago, why is that relevant in 2018?

Both footballers playing football for NUFC who were being criticised by the fans.  Mick Quinn shrugged off his critics and scored 57 goals in 110 games for the club.

Probably a lesson in there somewhere. I'm sure you can pull it out...

Guest firetotheworks

1992 was 26 years ago, why is that relevant in 2018?

Both footballers playing football for NUFC who were being criticised by the fans.  Mick Quinn shrugged off his critics and scored 57 goals in 110 games for the club.

Probably a lesson in there somewhere. I'm sure you can pull it out...

Again, it's 26 years ago and it's a different player with his own personality. I don't get how that vindicates hoying abuse at your own players in the same way that Dani Alves eating the banana that was thrown at him doesn't vindicate someone throwing a banana at Aubameyang.