Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Trying to work exactly what he did wrong in this match that's provoked the posts? In terms of his impact, he was Ole Gunnar Solskjær compared to Atsu.

He did absolutely nothing and never does, that's the point. He wasn't directly responsible but it isn't a coincidence that we conceded all three after he went off.* Was a proper fucker that Diame sold us down the river with that stupid tackle right after Murphy had come on. You can't carry a wank player like that when you're that much under the cosh.

*edit: came on, obvs

The dwindling crowd of people who like him and think he has potential, has shrunk to maybe just me.

I'm still just about there, but most of it is because I want to like him. :undecided: He needs an extended run of games to prove himself one way or another.

The dwindling crowd of people who like him and think he has potential, has shrunk to maybe just me.

I'm still just about there, but most of it is because I want to like him. :undecided: He needs an extended run of games to prove himself one way or another.

Might help if he played in a team that was on the up, then again he should see us playing poorly and think I'll take a game by the scruff of the neck and do something  :undecided:

If you’re an attacker and don’t score or assist every game you’re on a hiding to nothing. He’s done.

He's scored and assisted one goal each for us in the PL :lol:

Comes on, does nowt wrong.

Guest firetotheworks

Trying to work exactly what he did wrong in this match that's provoked the posts? In terms of his impact, he was Ole Gunnar Solskjær compared to Atsu.

No one did. Yeah, he hasn't really done much in the limited time he's had, but I don't think this match was a stick to beat him with at all. Not keen on writing players off at 23 tbh, but it's fair to say he needs to start showing something soon.

No one did. Yeah, he hasn't really done much in the limited time he's had, but I don't think this match was a stick to beat him with at all. Not keen on writing players off at 23 tbh, but it's fair to say he needs to start showing something soon.

You schizo?

• 1 month later...

He’s got plenty of pace but he’s yet to really affect the game in any sort of meaningful way.

When Ki and Schär came on against Watford, they seemed to realise the situation and both made the most of it. Shelvey and Lascelles will now have a task to get back in the team.

Murphy has had a few chances to do this but just lets it pass him by. All he has to do to get in the team is offer more than Matt Ritchie, surely not an impossible task.

How many more chances will Rafa offer this kid?

To me he doesn't even look that fast. Not slow, but not really that quick either.

I remember him getting on late against Burnley and easily got beaten by Aaron Lennon for pace. Sure, Lennon is really fast, but he had played the whole match and Murphy just came in with fresh legs.

Every good performance/spell he's had has resulted in him being dropped. Even when he's been the most in form of our wingers, he's always last choice. There's not a thing he could do, he's not liked, and therefore will never be picked. Same as Mbemba, Mitrovic, Saivet, Lazaar et al.

Really hope he can step up when given the chance, we've some moments of great play at Man City and Stoke last season. I think he has perhaps struggled a bit with the pressure but the ability and talent is there.