Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

There’s definitely a player in there. His confidence is shot to pieces and his performances have deteriorated. He’s a young lad in a poor side and he’s not been given any run of games as we can’t afford to carry any passengers.

We paid for potential, it’s far too early to write him off. It’s a shame that our squad is so poor that we can’t really loan him out.

My brain has been well and truly "ashley'd" as i keep saying to myself what a massive waste of funds he was at 10/12 million but in today's market place its the old 3/4 million punt. If he was the finished article he wouldn't be here as we couldn't afford him. In the context of our spending as he was the highest purchase of that window If I recall correctly it comes with its own set of pressures. Is Rafa protecting him or was Rafa pushed on him as it may the Ashley model of young and resale value. I feel the only reason he isn't been offered out back on loan is due to the zero chance of a replacement and squad depth.

My brain has been well and truly "ashley'd" as i keep saying to myself what a massive waste of funds he was at 10/12 million but in today's market place its the old 3/4 million punt. If he was the finished article he wouldn't be here as we couldn't afford him. In the context of our spending as he was the highest purchase of that window If I recall correctly it comes with its own set of pressures. Is Rafa protecting him or was Rafa pushed on him as it may the Ashley model of young and resale value. I feel the only reason he isn't been offered out back on loan is due to the zero chance of a replacement and squad depth.

The best historical equivalent I can think of is Darren Ambrose, who cost virtually nothing, was shit and left after a couple of uninspiring seasons. Would be interesting to see whom other older hands thought offered more. My vote’s for Ambrose...

There’s definitely a player in there. His confidence is shot to pieces and his performances have deteriorated. He’s a young lad in a poor side and he’s not been given any run of games as we can’t afford to carry any passengers.

We paid for potential, it’s far too early to write him off. It’s a shame that our squad is so poor that we can’t really loan him out.

Is this lad gonna be another Shola who still has 'potential' when his bones are old and creaking?  He's not a bairn anymore, he's 23.

Confidence is key. He's gone all Obertan on us. We all know he has the pace and ability to get past the likes of Blackburn fullbacks but for some reason he seems scared shitless of actually trying anything.

I'm not sure if it's a Raffa thing or if it's the fans getting on his back after the first one or two tries. Either way he's going to have to bag a goal or an assist every time he touches the ball to get out from under it.

i was happy when he got the assist then he got worse, and worse, and worse.. let's hope he does something in extra time.

Yep. Seems like one mistake and he goes on a massive downward spiral. Totally wasted his chance in these cup games.

He can kick and run, meaning he gets himself into a position to cross a fair bit. And he's clearly got absolutely bags of stamina; still sprinting like fuck after 115 minutes; tremendous fitness.

Literally every other aspect of his play is appalling. There's nowt between him and Obertan for me, but even the latter had a bit of flair.

He can kick and run, meaning he gets himself into a position to cross a fair bit. And he's clearly got absolutely bags of stamina; still sprinting like fuck after 115 minutes; tremendous fitness.

Literally every other aspect of his play is appalling. There's nowt between him and Obertan for me, but even the latter had a bit of flair.

Obertan was better imo.

It's bang obvious at this point in his development he needs to be playing every week somewhere to refine his decision making, he isn't going to get that here unless we go down.

Yeah. If we were operating properly I'd like to see him go on loan for a year and then have another look.

Guest neesy111

It's bang obvious at this point in his development he needs to be playing every week somewhere to refine his decision making, he isn't going to get that here unless we go down.

Operating properly.

:yao:

He looked decent on the highlights.

He was on the right first half, them we stupidly swapped him and Ritchie.

Firstly, Sterry needed help on that side, and then Murphy was skinning the right-back every single time - so I fail to see how it was a stupid decision. He just couldn't find (anything like) a final ball on his left.