Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Yea mentioned in the match thread, could easily have given a penalty. Newcastle tv gave him a 9/10 but I thought he had a solid game rather than a brilliant one. Has more composure than Yedlin, when we’re away from home, he could be the better option as he’s certainly the better defender although offers less of a threat going forward.

Would have been seriously pissed off if we had conceded a penalty with that tug of the arm, there was no danger whatsoever from that cross.

Other than that a fairly solid showing. Definitely need an upgrade in both full back positions if we are going to kick on next season.

Yedlin is a likeable character and often uses his pace well on the recovery (although maybe that's down to him being out of position in first place), however I think going forward, Manquillo is a better fit for that position in our system.

That said, 2 new starting full backs are necessary, but if we were to have one back up on that right side, my pick would be Manquillo.

Very good yesterday tbf, two excellent blocks i recall most of all.

What was he doing yesterday? Moonlighting?

Well i posted that Sunday, and yesterday would have meant Saturday..so...um...playing footie against Southampton...maybe ?

Well i posted that Sunday, and yesterday would have meant Saturday..so...um...playing footie against Southampton...maybe ?

How bizarre, came up at the top of the page as a new post so presume you had just made it and got confused. :lol:

How bizarre, came up at the top of the page as a new post so presume you had just made it and got confused. :lol:

Tbf that wouldn't be unusual  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...