Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Guest godzilla

2 baffling decisions this one and the Carroll one.

Would have had Manquillo on the one year extra for a squad place, four is just bewildering and I'm not a big fan of his either. Carroll is just too injury prone and misses nearly 2/3 of the season every year. Stinks of Ashley this.

2 baffling decisions this one and the Carroll one.

Would have had Manquillo on the one year extra for a squad place, four is just bewildering and I'm not a big fan of his also. Carroll is just too injury prone and misses nearly 2/3 of the season every year. Stinks of Ashley this.

Yep that’s exactly what I thought when I saw the news.

I’m happy enough with this. What do we care how long his contract is for?

The thing is wholesale changes rarely work in football. You need a few dependable players you can make up the guts of the squad with and then just add key players here and there. He’s not amazing every game but he’s consistent which the other 2 right backs are not.

I see this more as a sign that the new owners are prepared to let Bruce stay on for at least a year.

Not to be a negative nelly, but I didn’t think any major deals could be given out by the club until the takeover was done or rejected

From what I heard the club consulted with the buyers about deals like this.

'We've been monitoring some unusual Iranian activity in the gulf and we have a conference call arranged with the Russian ambassador regarding the intelligence sharing arrangement at 2.  Oh, how do you feel about a four year contract for Manquillo by the way?'

Think 4 years is fine. Presume he's not on a massive wedge for a starting right back in the PL. He's only 26 so should be able to get a decent fee for him in a year or two if we have someone better