Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

3 minutes ago, LRD said:

Why would you feel bad for him? It's not like he played well and deserves to keep his place.

He is clearly out of depth and an absolute liability, but it's not like you can accuse him of not putting the effort in. Plus, he must feel a shit. You know when someone new starts at work and they're instantly better than you are? He is going through that in a very public way! 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

He is clearly out of depth and an absolute liability, but it's not like you can accuse him of not putting the effort in. Plus, he must feel a shit. You know when someone new starts at work and they're instantly better than you are? He is going through that in a very public way! 

No?

Nah, it's time to stop making excuses for them. If Burn and Schar play well, they keep their places and Lascelles will have to wait. Same for Bruno and the other midfielders. There is no feeling sorry for players who cannot perform up to par and they just have to accept that they will see the bench more while being highly paid individuals.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Krafth isn't particularly good, but he wasn't the disaster zone some are making out either. Unlike Krafth, Manquillo is a solid natural full back and should come in when fit.

Disagree, he's absolutely fucking shite.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What was it that he did v West Ham that made him shite?

The obvious reply would be the foul before their goal. Oh, and when he broke out of defence then forgot how to run when he got near the half way line.

I don't think he was that bad by the way, just pre-empting the responses you'll get 

His attitude is fine, they all are now and they're trying their utmost and in a way it feels a bit ruthless but Krafth., not alone, just isn't good enough and is on borrowed time. I'll thank them for their efforts of late and am right behind any of them for the rest of this season.

Probably/hopefully going to have a lot of that going forward.

In my head I've got the players basically ranked on importance and Manquillo is above the line in terms of stay or go. He's been solid, he's versatile, he has no issues just defending but he can offer something going forward. Whether he'd be happy to sit behind Trippier who knows. 

Guest reefatoon

Krafth's back peddling to the edge of the box will cost us if he comes up against someone competent. The sooner he is back out the team the better. Brick it everytime I see him running backwards

Edited by reefatoon

18 hours ago, Thiago said:

In my head I've got the players basically ranked on importance and Manquillo is above the line in terms of stay or go. He's been solid, he's versatile, he has no issues just defending but he can offer something going forward. Whether he'd be happy to sit behind Trippier who knows. 

He’s another I’d like to see us get rid of in the summer should we stay up. We need a big clear out of all the poor to average players we currently have and he’s been one since he signed basically, as good a professional as he is. I hope we be ruthless in the summer because it’s needed.

Edited by HTT II

Krafth, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lewis, Dummett, Shelvey, the Longstaffs, Almiron, Gayle, Darlow, Ritchie and Fernández can all go for me. Either sold or out on loan somewhere.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

Krafth, Manquillo, Lascelles, Lewis, Dummett, Shelvey, the Longstaffs, Almiron, Gayle, Darlow, Ritchie and Fernández can all go for me. 

Clark, Wood, Gillespie, Hayden and Murphy too, but none of that is going to happen overnight.

They mentioned on Pod on Tyne this week that while it's too early to know what the summer plans are yet, as we're still not safe of relegation. The provisional plan would be to bring 5-7 players in, and the same amount out, so a refresh of about a quarter of the squad.

32 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Clark, Wood, Gillespie, Hayden and Murphy too, but none of that is going to happen overnight.

Bloody hell I forgot about some of them and oh aye it won’t happen overnight, just shows how piss poor our squad is looking at those names.

37 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Maquillo is one of the best, if not the best squad player we have.

There are about 15 players I'd ship out before him.

:thup:

Especially since he can cover both full back positions. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

They mentioned on Pod on Tyne this week that while it's too early to know what the summer plans are yet, as we're still not safe of relegation. The provisional plan would be to bring 5-7 players in, and the same amount out, so a refresh of about a quarter of the squad.

This makes sense. Combined with the lads who arrived in Jan that would be around a 10 player turnaround in the space of 6 months. Which under normal circumstances would be crazy, but given the ownership seemingly want to immediately transition from battling relegation to getting into the top half in the space of a season it would be what's needed. 

Honestly could see them signing more. It probably really depends on who’s willing to come and how they handle sales. I could see several sales and several mutual terminations of contracts to shift these guys.