Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Tempting fate but I got the impression he was being a bit of a soft shite. He was determined to come, he must have asked 3 times with only minutes to HT. It looked more like impact than twist. 

Who was it that picked him up and half-dragged him back on the pitch, just to get the game stopped at the very least?  Was it Burn?

Hope you're right and what is being reported is true.  Targett straight back in at left back and Manquillo at right back in the next game or two isn't too bad.  It would soften the blow a bit of losing Trippier.   

If there's any risk at all playing Manquillo against West Ham I'd hold him back for Brentford. Anything from West Ham would be a bonus. We need to be targeting a win against Brentford, need to be fielding our strongest possible 11. Whilst we're clearly miles away from being safe points wise, we beat Brentford and I would say we're likely out the real heat of the scrap.

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Tempting fate but I got the impression he was being a bit of a soft shite. He was determined to come, he must have asked 3 times with only minutes to HT. It looked more like impact than twist. 

No, it looked bad the way he landed and he was clearly struggling he should have been subbed off straight away he risked damaging it further or giving a goal away due to no fault of his own.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think he's been one of our better performers this season - to the point that before January I didn't consider right back a priority. He was rotten when he first joined but a thoroughly able squad member now. A lot better than Krafth.

I think he has since the second half of Rafa’s last season. 

Guest reefatoon
8 minutes ago, Beth said:

Fuck me there's some right turncoats on here like. I'm Mr Doom but always thought he was decent but going back through this thread the number of people giving him dogs abuse........

What, you mean people pulling up a player when he is playing shite and then giving him praise when he isn’t. That’s not being a turncoat, that’s just commenting on that moment of time. Just look at the Joelinton thread as an example. Players can be poor and get better you know.

Look at me, look at me, I liked him first. Pathetic.

Edited by reefatoon

He’s no Trippier but with a much improved Fraser in front of him that side can be effective attacking and defending. I like Schär but he looks awkward drawn out wide and I think the Fraser/Manquillo pairing is good enough to avoid that happening too often

He's always been a solid PL player. He's played in some shite sides which do alot of defending, which always makes defenders look worse.

He's got a good engine, he's decent technically and his awareness is OK. What counts against him is that he's not much of leader on the pitch, he's quiet and unassuming, which puts him under the radar. People like Bruce don't like Manquillo's and Schars, they are too quiet, not one of the lads etc.

I like him and I think he would be an able deputy to Trippier next season, even with our wealth.

2 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Hate to be that guy but is there anywhere more reliable than Magpie 24/7 for this news :lol:

Can't see anything on Hopes feed

He was on Talksport last night. Maybe he mentioned it on there? Hope so, anyway! 

I saved everyone the hassle of clicking onto the sun’s shithouse website and found the below, which is hardly conclusive and sounds like guesswork: 

“Javier Manquillo is Trippier’s deputy but Newcastle are sweating on his fitness after the Spaniard also hobbled off on Sunday with suspected ankle ligament damage.”

“There are hopes Manquillo’s injury is not too severe but Emil Krafth is likely to start at West Ham on Saturday if he doesn’t recover in time.”

Edited by Lush Vlad
Missed a bit